Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I became a traitor yesterday...
Yes, I became a traitor yesterday...

No, not to country, Queen, and the like. What I mean is, I didn't end up finding a Focus in the NCR that wasn't completely rusty, that had a 5 speed, that didn't have lots of stuff wrong with it, and didn't cost under $2500. I looked on all of the buy and sell websites for the area, as well as kept an eye on autotrader from time to time, for the last 2 months.

I did however, find something that is completely out of character for me... That something is a Black 1998 Honda Civic Si. This car has a 5spd, power locks/mirrors/windows/2-way sunroof, cruise, tilt (all working too), abs, working A/C. It came with 2 sets of steel wheels and tires, the set on it are 14" Michelin X-Ice snow tires, and the 2nd set are 15" with Barum V-rated summer tires. The car has had tons of parts replaced in the last few years (most of them being factory Honda), and it has been Krowned every year for the last 10 years. The car has almost no rust, and the underside, subframe, trunk, rear clip, rockers, and even the roof all around the sunroof look only a couple years old. In addition to all of that, the car ISN'T MODIFIED. I haven't bought some redline racer-boi's basket case. I've got all documentation on the car since 2006, and receipts for just about everything done to it. It also rides down the road like a new car without a single squeak, rattle, or clunk in it, and the engine (D16y8) doesn't burn any oil. The interior has hardly any sunburn on it (there's no tint on this car), the seats have no holes, rips or stains in them, and the carpets are in really good shape too, only needing a light cleaning.

Top it all off, I got it for $1300 as-is, and as far as I can see, it only needs a passenger headlight assembly to pass safety, and it still has a valid e-test from Oct 2012 (which might be transferable to me when I do the registration).

Oh yeah, the only other things wrong with the car are the blower for the HVAC system is noisy, and the Sony Xplod deck that someone installed in the dash doesn't work right. That being said,the Viper car alarm with keyless entry works just fine (alarm is from Durand)

So yeah, I went to the dark side, and I'm not going to be owning another Focus just yet (though I might get one of the newer ones in a few years if I wear out this civic).

L8tz
Bleeding Ford Blue again...

Messages In This Thread
I became a traitor yesterday... - Drivesthebeast - 03-12-2013, 10:57 AM