Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I became a traitor yesterday...
Well, I got the proof of insurance, the ownership transferred and registered in my name, and got issued a brand new set of plates with a temp sticker. I don't have to have it drive clean tested again, because the last test the car had was Oct 14th 2012, and they said the test certificate is valid for 1 year after issue, regardless if the car changes hands. YAY! one less expense the gov't gets to grab from me.

I went to Kenny U-Pull on Bentley today, and was able to find just one passenger side headlight made by TYC on a 1997 Sedan that wasn't broken at all, and still had it's seals and the light sockets. That was under $30.00 taxes in, so that might be all I need for safety. (The tires are great, the brakes should be good, all of the lights will work, and the body doesn't have any holes coming into the cabin anywhere).

I have put a bottle of concentrated fuel injector cleaner in the tank, and I am planning to clean the intake assembly, and get the fuel rail/intake manifold and whatnot cleaned, and eventually switch it over to synthetic oil.

I'm not going to go crazy with mods on this car, just minor things like a tint, a different head unit, and replace the stock 6x9's with something else a little bit beefier, and maybe some rims. I might not even bother making the switch to JDM tail lights or headlights, as I want the car to look as clean/unassuming as possible.

My real modification bug will be satisfied with my 77 Silverado.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...

Messages In This Thread
RE: I became a traitor yesterday... - Drivesthebeast - 03-13-2013, 12:12 PM