Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ordering XCAL 3, anything I should know?
(04-06-2013, 03:03 PM)Krusty Driver Wrote: Ordering from Steeda Canada. Dealt with them before, read a couple good reviews on their tunes.

As much as I like Pat and want to support what he does for the Focus community, Pat's real forte is Mustang tuning. If it was a plain plug and play part I'd say go Steeda Canada all the way.

The tunes that will come with a Steeda x-cal are essentially "generic" Focus tunes downloaded from the SCT library but if you want a tune that has been the result of decades of pure Focus experience and will also come with a tuner who, if you need it, can tweak your tune to your car and specific circumstance, you would have to go with someone like Randy at FSWerks.

This can be a hot topic, so I encourage others to post up here - between the group here there is a lot of experience with both. And BTW, I have had a number of dyno tuning sessions with Steeda Canada - you can pm me for details if you wish.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ordering XCAL 3, anything I should know? - ZTWsquared - 04-06-2013, 10:33 PM