Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on?
Yeah, I got that sorted today. Got new LCAs for 40 each coming in... thank you pro-buyer discount at Maslack! (kinda like Autozone)

So, this s**t's getting weird. Vik from FSWerks got back to me via email after I inquired about the Zetec turbo kit. He said, and I've copied and pasted right from my email:

"Our Zetec turbo kit is not actually designed to fit on the automatic focus, it's only designed to work on a manual transmission car. Unfortunately we do not have plans for the automatic version."

Uh, ok. I assume that has to do with exhaust pipe bends? I'm stabbing in the dark as they're being really cryptic.

Meanwhile, I had emailed Lentech just tonight and this was the gist of their email back to me (much more positive):

"We can still do these. Things have changed a bit but for 200 to 240whp we can still fix you up. There is a core charge. I will verify pricing over the phone as I don't have it in front of me. Thanks for the inquiry. "

A follow-up email tonight (these guys are quick!) said anytime this week or next week was fine.

So, my thoughts:

- FSWerks is autotragic shy for the Zetec presumably on pipebends, because they have no problem with the Duratec guys running turbos. Trying to remedy that by volunteering to development mule here in town for them via my buddy's shop and the exhaust shop literally across the driveway (super convenient!).
- Lentech is in the game and wants to work with me regardless - gotta love enthusiasm!
- If the turbo kit is a super non-starter, expect to see crazy s**t from me about cams and valvetrain upgrades, the FSWerks long-tube header and possibly even a shorter final-drive to allow for a higher-revving Zetec with higher-comp forged internals.

Why? Because I'm batshit crazy these days. A super-sleeper Zetec slushbox hatch sounds crazy... and I've finally accepted that I'm crazy. Smile
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
RE: *tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - NOS2Go4Me - 02-20-2014, 10:31 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 02-24-2014, 11:11 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 02-25-2014, 01:41 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-03-2014, 01:54 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-04-2014, 05:21 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-05-2014, 05:06 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-05-2014, 05:40 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-06-2014, 06:39 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-13-2014, 09:05 PM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-13-2014, 09:59 PM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-23-2014, 07:13 AM