Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on?
Well, that was actually an unexpected and positive call with Lentech. Ryan, I just got off the phone with Chris at Lentech. I hear Lentech is actually three businesses now - the transmission shop that Chris owns (off-car work only), the hands-on service shop that Steve (!?!) owns and Len runs the performance shop with the chassis dyno... all in the same physical campus. I'll let you know when I come down and we can definitely do lunch. Smile

I told Chris I'll come down for a shop visit later this spring once s**t warms up some. I need to figure out definitively whether or not the Focus is getting turbo'ed (or supercharged). Once I do that, I can decide which Lentech trans offering I want and order it. Chris recommends that I go out and find a MTX-75 Torsen LSD if I turbo and get the Street Terminator offering. He also recommends upgrading to the uprated torque converter with the aluminum stator. A thicker 23-spline input shaft and torque converter used to be an option, but the company making the input shafts evaporated years ago and noone else makes them now.

If I don't turbo, I'll likely do the Street Cruiser setup and TC upgrade. I'll throw 2000MY intake mani, cams, race header, race cat and intake / TB at the motor. Given how it drives right now as it's dead stock... it'll still move decently.

Also, for those who care, Lentech does custom SCT tuning for Fords. Chris is the guy that does the tuning for Len, actually. Randy really knows his s**t for tuning, but given how busy they are I might just use them for parts and then tune with Chris from Lentech. He was waiting on a S/Ced 03 Mustang GT that was coming for custom tuning as he was talking to me today.

So, that went much, much better than expected. Even if I don't do full forced induction (which I might do with another car later - maybe I'll find a nice SVT!), I know I'll have fun with what I have. Smile

Andrew! How the hell are you man! So you still have that sweet WRX of yours. Anything else cool done to it lately?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 02-24-2014, 11:11 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 02-25-2014, 01:41 AM
RE: *tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - NOS2Go4Me - 02-27-2014, 05:05 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-03-2014, 01:54 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-04-2014, 05:21 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-05-2014, 05:06 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-05-2014, 05:40 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-06-2014, 06:39 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-13-2014, 09:05 PM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-13-2014, 09:59 PM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-23-2014, 07:13 AM