Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on?
Dude.

I'm trying to understand what's coming across as Zetec hate. If the Zetec was an issue, they should NEVER have made the kit. They chose to. There's been an outcry for FSWerks-level support for the Zetec for years, but then again they CHOSE to make the kit.

Right now, if I wanted to be a dick about stuff, I could order the Zetec kit and go bananas with it. Tuning and all. It's ALL included as part of the Zetec kit, just like the Duratecs and the rest of their offerings.

If they don't want to support the Zetec guys, it's really simple: take the Zetec offerings off of the website and cry into their piles of cash. I really don't care, but at least that way I'd have a clear indication of what they want to do.

I'll get the car tuned elsewhere if I have to, I'm fine with that. Sadly, I'd still buy at least the adjustable cam gears and header from FSWerks, or at least just the header, because they're a great source for that individual product. If they don't want to hire extra guys to let them take on additional workload and make more money year over year... again, totally not my problem.

I've also called twice and gone directly to voicemail at different times of the day. I've given them my phone number via email, so that as they're sitting there screening calls (which it sounds like given that you expect that they'll answer the phone for you or any other established customer) they'll know it's me calling and answer. But, they don't.

Jamie, bud, I have nothing against you but all I'm reading above is FSWerks apologist... nonsense as someone with an established repeat-customer relationship with them. You've got 3 cars tuned via Randy. I'm happy for you man. I just don't get the automatic "hate", or the Zetec "hate", or any other friction I'm getting from a couple of guys here. Lots of tuning shops exist in the world for similarly-aged cars with functional, valid tuning options... all from multiple fields - sport compact, muscle, etc. The age of the car I have is a non-starter, or should be to a good shop.

Hell, I'm even ready to rock to beef up the sole weak point of my drivetrain, at all cost to myself, simply because I KNOW it's a weak point. Most weekend warriors / ricers would just bolt the kit on anyway and bitch when it blows.

Anyhow, I re-emailed both Randy and Vik and asked for a definitive answer. If work constraints don't kick in tonight, I'll call them right after work, which is about 1:30-2PM their time. If they choose not to answer the phone, that's fine. I'm a little fish in a big sea of sport compact / Focus enthusiasts. However:

- I never forced them to make a Zetec kit. They chose to. They support it like all the others. They tune it. If they can tune an auto Duratec, tuning an auto Zetec should be just fine. Same shift points, really, on stock valvetrain.

- I've never done wrong by them before. They have no reason to shut me out without reason - if they wanna be dicks, which I don't figure, I'd rather they just told me. I've FSWerks gear before, two XCal2s back in the day... they've made a decent amount of cash off of me over the years. Again, this is Focus #4. Each previous Focus has had FSWerks' touch on it somehow.

- I'm a paying customer, or trying to be, just like everyone else. Again... it's nice to see they've been making big money with the new Focus and Fiesta ST stuff, but if you don't want to support the Zetec guys... take the kit that's on your website OFF your website. Or, change the description so that it says MANUAL ONLY. That's not hard to do, even in this high-tech website age we live in.

Just going to make one comment here that I've been resisting the urge to make: This place has NOT changed. If someone mods a model that isn't what everyone else mods, it gets hate... or at least looked down upon. Still. It's sad. It needs to stop. Why the hell is this forum still around if people can't just support fellow Focus enthusiasts? Isn't that what FC.net at least USED to stand for?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 02-24-2014, 11:11 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 02-25-2014, 01:41 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-03-2014, 01:54 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-04-2014, 05:21 AM
RE: *tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - NOS2Go4Me - 03-05-2014, 04:52 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-05-2014, 05:06 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-05-2014, 05:40 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-06-2014, 06:39 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-13-2014, 09:05 PM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-13-2014, 09:59 PM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-23-2014, 07:13 AM