Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on?
Chill out brother!

Bottom line: they came out with a Zetec kit because it was asked for, shortly after, most Zetec car owners traded in and bought focus ST or other new cars. There simply is not the demand and as such I don't blame them for not doing autos.

There is no Zetec hate, after all they made the damn kit. It is not their fault nor mine nor anyone's that your other half does not choose to drive standard. If this is YOUR car, why tailor it to somebody else or compromise? Plain and simple, and don't take this the wrong way but swap in a stick or build your own kit. Better yet buy a used kit and get it tuned.

Not only that but your comment about the kit not showing for manual only... Come on man LOL when you order a kit you can't just tick the box and pay up. It requires a good talk with randy and vik about what you want to do and in which case it would be made know it is for manual only. Plus it is advertised as such on all forums they are a part of.

To top it all off, they did support the Zetec, when it was popular and people owned them. They had up to stage 3 on the vf/focussport blowers along with many many other awesome e parts. Now a days, 95% of Zetec owners trade them in or do a budget build because the cars are worth typically less than the entire turbo kit is...

Also when you are calling them, when is it? They are closed early on Fridays and Ofcourse are on west coast so time is different. If you call in the morning you will get them with no answering machine. I have only ever got an answering machine once, but I usually email randy and casually await a reply because I know they are busy and I am in no rush. If this is that big of a deal, I'll shoot randy a msg and see what he says.

Long story short, you are getting far to wound up about a product not meant to fit your car. As I said prior buy a kit. Modify it and install. See what you will need to get programming from randy and if not try a different tuner. There are a few out there without name dropping. You know how to get a hold of me if you want suggestions for remote.
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily

Messages In This Thread
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 02-24-2014, 11:11 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 02-25-2014, 01:41 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-03-2014, 01:54 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-04-2014, 05:21 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-05-2014, 05:06 AM