Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on?
Well, that was also weird: just got an email from Vik.

There's something with the turbo fitment with the automatic that is "different" than the manual. I can appreciate that as I'm well aware of how the pans are different between the MTX-75 and the 4F27E.

I'm going to call them after work and see what's up. Maybe we can work this out. It also sounds like Randy is willing to tune from his email.

The comment about it not showing manual only had to do with the fact that it could have, given that they didn't develop for both and you'd never know that from reading the parts listing. Also, the Duratec kits don't say "no autos" because they support the auto for the Duratec.

As for tuning and building a custom kit... c'mon now. You know where I live. Dynos don't crowd the buildings around me... the closest available dynos are 3.5-4 hours away, because Martin Barkey at MRBP won't share his. I'm more than willing to pay extra for Randy's time, because quite simply he's the best out there at remote tuning the Focus. I'm more than ready to put a wideband in place and go from there.

Normally I call in the evenings, which is mid-afternoon their time. I'll call down again today and see once I get out of work. I'll also let them know I'll be calling.

I'm pretty relaxed, but I'm also past the days where I just sat here and let people (not saying you, but the old forum in general) s**t on my mod ideas because it wasn't the same as everyone else's ideas. I surely did get an auto Focus for the better half, and I'm not ashamed of that. People beef up autos all the time, but because it's not a popular option for the Focus people tend to shun it. Meanwhile, Lentech has whole tranasxle packages ready to rock. That's more than most slushbox owners can say for their rides.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 02-24-2014, 11:11 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 02-25-2014, 01:41 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-03-2014, 01:54 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-04-2014, 05:21 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-05-2014, 05:06 AM
RE: *tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - NOS2Go4Me - 03-05-2014, 05:28 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-05-2014, 05:40 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-06-2014, 06:39 AM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-13-2014, 09:05 PM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-13-2014, 09:59 PM
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on? - GFXjamie - 03-23-2014, 07:13 AM