Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Should Be The First Things I Do
Tires and rims are appealing, but then the fender gap will drive you insane. If you're happy with the handling and have no will to make it a tire-scorcher, do the basic three in any order you choose - intake, header, and exhaust. Personally I'd do the header last. I'm quite pleased with the MBRP setup, and can't wait to get home and drive it some more. It's addictive :D

Adjustable cam gears are a decent way to adjust the powerband, and on the right budget and the willingness to run 91-94 octane, a SCT or Diablosport chip will really unlock your motor. As I've been told though, a chip with a custom program should be your last mod as it adjusts your engine's tune to account for everything else that has been done to it.

I'd also suggest a pair of underdrive pullies (25%) as a good, budget-conscious mod. I'm going to be doing them to my SPI (well, single pulley for the SPI) in a bit, budget willing. A 50% reduction is also driveable, except at night if you do nothing but idle the car. It's personal preference.

I like the call for the SVT full suspension upgrade. It's about 400CDN for everything before labour, and it makes sense. I'd also suggest a brake pad upgrade (doing mine in May with luck) to a pad with a better compound. Green Stuff pads are better for performance, and have a LOT less brake dust.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
What Should Be The First Things I Do - S2 - 04-05-2005, 12:09 AM
What Should Be The First Things I Do - S2 - 04-05-2005, 02:47 AM
What Should Be The First Things I Do - NOS2Go4Me - 04-05-2005, 03:52 AM
What Should Be The First Things I Do - naz - 04-05-2005, 11:31 AM