Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally Piece And Quiet Again... For How Long?
paolo,Jun 3 2005, 12:01 AM Wrote:i dont hear my rattle no more, my exhaust is louder than stock so i dont hear it.
[right][snapback]112304[/snapback][/right]

:P

Seriously though, My right bearing went, and the heat shields are also common problems on all Focii. The clutch problem only affects SVTs (I have about 40k on my car right now).. The original designed clutch cannot handle the extra power, so it deteriorates over time. It isn't a matter of if.. It's a matter of when... I had to bring it in for the TSB the first time after my horrific experience trying to get the car up a steep ramp coming out of the Famous Players parking lot on Richmond St. YiKeS! I went back like 6 feet before I could engage the thing, barely.. but I floored the gas and slipped it all the way up. It didn't help at 3:00am when it is bumper to bumper trying to get out of there! It stunk real bad all night after that episode..

After getting the new revised parts last year (I think they are a combination of parts from the 04s and the newer 2.3s, but I am not sure.) I could hold it on any steep ramp and it engaged immediately without any slippage. I got my YRF0 done at the same time because I was getting the battery light flashing problem (That is a whole new thread in itself though.). Everything was great for a few months, then the rattling from the clutch came back.

The forks were bent out of shape this time; and they replaced all of the parts yet again. Ford's warranty reimbursement to the dealership is $1500cdn each time, I can't imagine how much it would cost retail. I hope this is the last time though. This is getting frustrating.. My co-worker ribs on me everytime I come to work in a rental... "What did I tell you about Ford again??!!.." :angry: :angry: :angry:
[Image: svtfocusavatar1.jpg]

99 Mustang V6 Coupe Perf.Red w/MachAudio+TC
00 Mustang GT Coupe Perf.Red /MachAudio+Leather+TC
* 03 SVT 5dr Infra-Red Focus w/ Audio+Sunroof+WinterPkg
06 Mustang GT 'Vert w/ Shaker1K+IUP+ICA (~04/06)

* = (Current Ride)

Messages In This Thread
Finally Piece And Quiet Again... For How Long? - taiyeungjai - 06-03-2005, 10:44 AM