Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road & Track's Thoughts On The Focus St
Hi,

I agree with Flofocus.
The SVT Focus is a great car, but it was just priced too high in comparison to the other competitors that are out there.

At the time, the SVT Focus was at approximately $27 000 before taxes.
The Sentra Spec V was around $24 to 24 500 before taxes and the Civic SiR was around $25 500 before taxes. The SVT was just a little bit too much, especially when you have to consider the resale value. The focus just loses too much money.

Even the new Focus ST is priced out pretty high. When I still had my Focus and went to my dealership for service, they had a new Focus ST out there. The price on it was around $26 800 plus taxes. When the sales rep say the price (at the time he didn't even know that they had one on the lot) his exact words were "How the F... I'm I suppose to sell this car at this price?"
I bought a Mazda 3 GT Sedan about 2 1/2 months ago and only paid $23 500 plus taxes (they are not negotiating at all on these cars). So I don't know where the hell Ford is going with their prices especially being about $3 500 dollars more that my car.

The SVT does give the car a lot for the price in comparison to a standard ZX3 but in comparison the competitors it's out of touch. Even the new Focus ST is a little too much.

This is just my opinion.

Vito B)
Present: 2004 Mazda 3 GT Sedan
Titanium Grey, MTX, Brullen Exhaust
17" x 7" Enkei Evo 6 (Anthracite) with
Falken Ziex ZE-512

Previous: 2000 Ford Focus ZX3
with Jackson Racing Supercharger

Messages In This Thread
Road & Track's Thoughts On The Focus St - DILATED - 11-04-2004, 09:40 AM