Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Tough Is It To Do Our Own Oil Changes.
Jays2000ZX3,Jul 5 2004, 06:14 PM Wrote:I do it myself because the people at the places don't do it properly, and not to mention..they are stupid.

Always trying to upsell you into a tranny flush, a rad flush, a engine flush...bah

I take out the drain plug and let it drip for 20-30 minutes, not 1 minuted like they do at the quick places.

And it's bullshit that you need to keep receipts....Dealerships just want to scare you into paying them to do the work. :)
its not the ford dealer you have to worry about for reciets. usually the dealer doesnt care, as long as its within the base warranty....but if its for an extended warranty other than a ford extended warranty...then look out, cause they will use any excuse not to pay out on a claim! They would not even cover oil leaks if you dont have reciepts for oil changes....and really, what the hell does doing oil changes have to do with an oil leak :rolleyes:
SVT Motor Swap into 2000 zx3 with 5spd.
14.9 @ 93MPH
"I am going to run 5's .... I am planning on installing a rocket engine!"

Messages In This Thread
How Tough Is It To Do Our Own Oil Changes. - 01-yellow-ZX3 - 07-06-2004, 04:04 AM
How Tough Is It To Do Our Own Oil Changes. - boost til'bust - 07-06-2004, 09:24 AM