Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help: Looking For A Car (not Immediate)
Aka,Jun 21 2005, 01:05 PM Wrote:a few weeks ago I got myself a new job paying a decent penny. Riding the TTC and Mississauga Transit to get to it is annoying, it doesn't matter what time I leave, I get to work late, I swear. Plus, having my Dad pick me up at 8:30pm after his long drive to Kitchener isn't really fair. So I thought a good cheap reliable car would be nice. Now the combination of cheap and reliable might not go hand and hand, but whatever... I just need ideas and places to look for deals. I've looked on autotrader to get an idea, seen a few things I liked, not sure on the market and how much one should pay.

So yeah, any points you have would be appreciated.

Thanks.
[right][snapback]115921[/snapback][/right]

Well, nothing really specific without knowing what things you're looking for.

IE: Good on gas, cheap ins., 4WD/FWD/RWD, whether you're willing to do any bodywork yourself, what options you have to have on the car.

Standard advice - Average mileage is 20,000/year anything wildly over/under that, approach with caution, only do a private sale if the seller can come up with a complete service history of the car, have any potential used car purchase inspected by a mechanic you trust, etc.

NefCanuck

Messages In This Thread
Help: Looking For A Car (not Immediate) - NefCanuck - 06-22-2005, 04:53 AM