Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Will Never Deal With Steelcase Tires/mags Again!
So I bought some rims for $150 and was looking for tires, and I need them by Friday morning....

I call good ole trusty Steelcase and talk to Dave and ask for a price on Kumho 712's in 205-50-15, $114 mounted and balanced each plus tax. So like $525 for all 4. I think..that's a good deal so I tell the guy I'll be by and drop off the rims.

Before I leave work to go there I call up Wheels Direct and ask for same tires...$400 mounted, Balanced, Tax in for all 4.. :o :o He didn't know stock at the time he said he would have to get back to me. I now think to myself, damn, I need to go to Steelcase and see if he can lower his price.

I show up at steelcase, Dave is out on delivery/pickup. So the boss there I think Jim or something, talks to me then says hold on, he goes away for 15 minutes then comes back deals with a couple other customers. Then asks what's up, I tell him the situation and he starts a rant about how he doesn't even have enough time to do the cars waiting right now, and that my 4 tires really don't matter to him and blah blah. He looks at it again and says he can't change the price. I tell him I'm not happy that he's making me feel that my 4 tires aren't important when I would have went there next month for full drag rims and drag slicks which would have been over $1000 plus all the business from my own 2 cars and people I refer there etc.

So I tell him to fack off, and I leave. :o

I then go to Steelcase, find out they don't have those tires in stock, so I settle for some Federal SS535 in 195-50-15....for $350 mounted, balanced and tax in. :o

Quote:The SS 535 sports-type ultra-high performance tire is developed for car enthusiasts who especially require superior handling performance. Federal's fundamental TTIC technology and newly developed M.P.O. (Magnify Performance Optimization) technology take the performance of the SS 535 to an un-precedented level throughout the whole life of the tire.

Flange protector protects alloy rims form curb damage
Hex form bead profile efficiently locks tyre onto wheel rim
Three Radius Tread Arc (T.R.T.A) delivers even pressure across the contact patch
Opti-noise technology for a quiet ride
Uni-directional tread pattern
SUPER STEEL 535

Don't seem too bad.

So all in all, steelcase can kiss my business good bye!!!!

WERD!

Messages In This Thread
I Will Never Deal With Steelcase Tires/mags Again! - Jays2000ZX3 - 06-23-2005, 02:47 AM