Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Profile Civic Stolen - Cash Reward!
The boomerang system would be almost a must with any high profile car like that. What about even a basic security system? I didn't read about anything like that installed.. If I had a car with all that work done, I would be sure to install a two-way security system with back-up siren and back-up battery. Not to mention re-locating the hood latch. Throw in a fuel-cut off switch somewhere in the car to boot.

It would be next to impossible for a thief to steal a car with this level of protection or without tripping the alarm before being able to get to the guts of everything.

I used to have a Clifford system in my previous car, and it came with blackjax which even prevented car jackings. Once the door is opened and closed while the ignition is running, a timer is started, if the passcode is not entered using the hidden switch, the car will drive for a few minutes until the next stop. Then the car will die.. right at the stop sign/traffic light/etc.. No amount of turning the key or clicking the remote will re-start the car until the code is entered, the thief will DEFINITELY abandon (or wait for a cop to come and check it out :D ) and the thief will not be able to come for revenge cuz he/she is far enough.

Honda's are definitely targets for theft, and I don't believe it when people say "Why bother install an alarm, because if they want it badly enough they will get it," because it just isn't true.. and people should do whatever they can to protect their prized possessions..

[Image: svtfocusavatar1.jpg]

99 Mustang V6 Coupe Perf.Red w/MachAudio+TC
00 Mustang GT Coupe Perf.Red /MachAudio+Leather+TC
* 03 SVT 5dr Infra-Red Focus w/ Audio+Sunroof+WinterPkg
06 Mustang GT 'Vert w/ Shaker1K+IUP+ICA (~04/06)

* = (Current Ride)

Messages In This Thread
High Profile Civic Stolen - Cash Reward! - taiyeungjai - 07-04-2005, 11:16 AM