Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help: Looking For A Car (not Immediate)
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 12 2005, 01:28 PM Wrote:They're 130 crank HP from the factory, so Intake / Header / High-flow cat / cat-back exhaust ought to do it. Add in Underdrive Pullies for that guaranteed 150HP mark.

Exhaust from MBRP - 199USD + tax.

Intake - 50-250CDN and up, tax or not depending on if it's new or not.

Header - probably 350-400 CDN

Underdrive Pulleys - 100-150CDN

High-flow Catalytic - no idea, ask Hardk0re. :D

Anything beyond stickier stock-sized tires, new wires and plugs, etc... will probably start costing a pretty penny. You could always just run a 50-75 dry shot of nitrous (ZEX, NX, NOS) for insta-ponies, but obviously that won't fly on the street... popo be haulin' your car off if the plumbing for nitrous is hooked-up while on the road.
[right][snapback]121407[/snapback][/right]
Yeah... but how would they know? I suppose those random checks, or if I got caught speeding. I don't think I want NOS anyway, ever. Unless I get into like, drag racing or something O_o but I like corners, and braking, and accellerating out of a corner.

So about a grand on top of purchase will get me about what I want, plus attempting to install it all myself lols. Oh and I suppose Suspension on top of that. And perhaps brakes to stop me, since well, stopping is probably more important than anything else.

Hmm... being the knowledgable person I am.... not...

What do all these parts do?

Intake I assume is air, allows more in, which is good.
Header does what?
High-flow cat allows the exhaust out quicker? as does the cat-back?
Underdrive pullies do what?

Thanks a bunch!
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero

Messages In This Thread
Help: Looking For A Car (not Immediate) - Aka - 07-13-2005, 03:40 AM