Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girlfriend's Computer Is Facked. Can You Help?
Alrite, I'm no programmer by any means, but I think that I can fix most basic problems with little to no assitance. This, however, is something beyond my skill level, and I'm hoping one of your guys can make some sense of it.

Vanessa downloaded a windows update the other day and after it was installed, it requested she reboot. She did so, however, the computer wouldn't boot. Initially, it was unable to detect either of her hard drives... when it finally did detect one, and windows attempted to load, it pulled a blue screen of death, the title of which was "Unmountable Boot Volume". When I got there, I tried another restart, and again, for about 1/2 an hour, no hdd found. I disconnected the second hard drive (installed about 5 - 6 months ago) and the master drive was detected, but the same problem occured. Managed to get into the recovery console and tried a few basic things like chkdsk and the like, but they refused to work. I tried to do a clean install of windows, but nothing would take.

There is a crap load of data on this old drive that she doesn't want to lose. Her second drive has about 2000 mp3's on it and she doesn't wanna lose any of that as well. What are my options? I've considered installing windows on the second drive and setting the current master as the slave, and trying to salvage all the data that way, but I don't know if that will work/if she'll lose all her music. Advise?
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)

Messages In This Thread
Girlfriend's Computer Is Facked. Can You Help? - Raine - 07-27-2005, 06:15 AM