Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Toronto Real Estate Craziness Post
Jeez, I hope you guys love your big houses that you're spending way too much on.

Anthony's pad is respectable, can't say a bad thing about it. It's a decent-sized house, complete with deck and workable backyard. I was impressed by it, to be perfectly honest.

Naz, you're in Manhattan. Nuff said.

Do you guys seriously believe that spending over $250-300,000 on a house makes you any better than anyone else? More importantly, does it really make you any happier?

I guess to each their own, but when I see that a house has exactly the same number of bathrooms and bedrooms as I have, and I paid less than 1/8th of what they're asking... I have problems with that.

Money isn't the key to everything, and I'm far from hating.

What do I want people to do with their hard-earned money? Whatever they want. What will we do with ours? Travel, see the world, take vacations whenever we want, save for an active retirement. If people are buying those houses, they're already paying more in taxes anyways with a paycheque that large. I wouldn't want the property tax bill.

What's the point of making more money when you're just going to piss it away on extra costs for your lavish lifestyle anyways? That's a sure sign of being completely disillusioned by money and the green-eyed monster that it brings home with it.

If I was paying over $1 million for a house, I'd expect at least 200+ acres of land in addition to that house. But it's not, it's in a "trendy" neighbourhood for pretentious pricks, lawyers, whatever that need to impress their peers and neighbours. Otherwise the old house would never have been torn down. There's luxury, and then there's... that.

You guys are on a dam Focus forum. Do you really expect guys who have a Focus as a daily driver to appreciate that piece of richie s**t? The charity digs can stop any time, as well. I gladly donate each year to the Canadian Cancer Society, as well as the Heart and Stroke Foundation. I actually believe in eradicating disease when the government is still failing to step up to the plate. That's why I founded our Grid.org team 2 years ago, and that's why I've founded (and maybe erroneously so) the FC.net Folding@Home team.

Charity isn't a bad thing, especially when it really costs next to nothing to "do your part".
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
Another Toronto Real Estate Craziness Post - NOS2Go4Me - 08-03-2005, 12:01 AM