Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zx3tunr Focus Probs. Update 08-12-05
So I posted a while ago about this. Been about 2-3 months ago where my car just all of a sudden started running like absolute s**t. Worse then s**t. No CEL. I took the car to Ford and left it with them for a day. Came back hoping my car would be fixed and they told me the mecahnic couldnt find anything and becuase I didnt have a CEL they couldnt work off anything. s**t.

I also brought up the DPFE sensor they looked at me like I was stupid. They blamed everything on the header and exahust and said all I had was a leak and the DPFE had nothing to do with the exhuast. Well to my understanding the DPFE reads fromt he EGR valve witch is part of the exhaust so wtf is ford talking about.

So the mean time i been wasting my time checking for vacuum leaks. I replaced every dam gasket and seal. Removed my entire exahust put in new gaskets + RTV and even welded it shut in some spots and put in a Focus SPort tune. Still crap and no CEL.

So I removed every mod on my car and as of now just have my magnaflow on, flex and race header and put the stock tune back in. I replaced the fuel filter, new stock plugs and wires. I also picked up a new PCV valve and eveything. Still junk and no god dam CEL.

Its werid to say but every day I start my car Im hoping the little engine light comes on this way I have soemthing to go off of.

Well today on the way to work starting up in 1st was terrible. People prolly thought I couldnt drive. All you would here it putt putt and no power at all once I hit 2000-3000 RPM. It does this in every gear. High end power is good but anything low while in normal driving speeds its just brutal.

Enough so I called Ford and told the service manager I want to make an appointment. He was allready aware of the situation from when I brought the car in before but again he told me they cant do much unless I have a CEL and becuase I have modded my car I voided alot of my warranty. I replied I put everything back to stock and he didnt comment on that.

I could just go buy a DPFE sensor and put it on but they dont go cheap and will this really solve it. Who knows. Car is 2003 with 25,000km on it still have warranty and Ford is pissing me off. Every time I go there they just think im stupid. The one mechanic even mentioned its a focus of course its slow. God dam.

So today I did one of the DPFE tests posted on focushacks and I still ran like s**t and still no CEL. Now im running out of ideas.

Any way very pissed off about everything I went to the Acura dealor and I find out this week early next week if the focus is gone and replaced with a RSX Type S. Everything would be going back to stock if the deals go threw. I also would need my mom to sign the paper since she is the co signer on the focus and shes not to happy about the idea at all. This is more or less my way of saying fack you ford if I do get the car. My dad had similar issues with the dealor when he had his Sport Track and becuase of that he moved to Pontiac.

I would really like the focus to get fixed and thats what i am hoping for.

Messages In This Thread
Zx3tunr Focus Probs. Update 08-12-05 - ZX3TUNR - 08-11-2005, 04:12 PM
Zx3tunr Focus Probs. Update 08-12-05 - 01-yellow-ZX3 - 08-11-2005, 04:17 PM