Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuses In Amp Keep Breaking Please Help
Stap Boy,Jun 29 2004, 09:39 AM Wrote:it sounds like something is grounded somewhere which is causing the Amp to overdraw... do you have anything else wired up in your car? What did you mount the Amp to? Where did you run the Neutral line to..?

(I'm not an ICE expert... just going on my limited Electrical knowledge)
I agree with you, sounds like something is grounding out. I am assuming you got your power run from the battery plus an inline fuse somewhere in there (just reread your post and seen that you have this). I would check the wires, make sure everything is covered and no wires (especially where the cuts are) are sticking out.

Also, this could be more than just the wiring, maybe the amp is screwed. All you are doing is running a power, a ground and a remote to the amp, the RC's wouldn't cause your amp to blow a fuse as far as I know.

Another thing maybe, just guessing but next time you replace the fuse, take out the inline fuse and then replace that, maybe it's a current thing, who knows. Something is fishy....

My first guess would be a short or ground happening that is causing the fuse to go. Check the ends of all cut wires and make sure they are really clean.

Messages In This Thread
Fuses In Amp Keep Breaking Please Help - S2 - 06-30-2004, 02:45 AM