Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford's Tdci / Tddi Engines, Why Not Canada?
Well I for one want to rant at Ford right about now. You think that with gas prices going well over $1L all over canada and gas in the states averaging $3.50 a gallon, you'd think that ford would consider bring the TDCI / TDDI engines to the ford line up for the Focus, Escape, and Explorers that they offer everywhere else in the world, but here.

I mean yeah it's cool Idea to have a Hybrid, or a methane powered car, but really diesel would be a good option for people with gas prices being this high. I've hear that in some provinces people have been returning their SUV's in droves to get something cheaper on fueling, So why not diesel then ??

To me offering a good (not great) Diesel option would be warmly welcomed in a world that is seeing high prices at the pump, and no sign of a price drop in the pump for at least a year or two. Given the change to go for a focus with a TDCI / TDDI option I would have jumped on it, and I'm sure a few of you would have too it's a good idea don't you think?
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.

Messages In This Thread
Ford's Tdci / Tddi Engines, Why Not Canada? - Frost__2001 - 09-01-2005, 09:03 AM