Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buy My House (gta Realestate Thread)
Raine,Oct 10 2005, 02:43 AM Wrote:For that size house, I don't know why it's listed less than $399,000

As for age playing a factor in a house, since when is newer better, Nef? A 50 yr old home with updated windows, doors, forced air and copper wiring will fetch more than a brand new/5 - 10 yr old home any day of the week. They're generally on larger lots, in more proven areas with more reliable utilities, and were guranteed to have been made with better materials (did you know most builders are now using 3/4 OSB [Pressboard] for subfloors?! That should be illegal...). The older the home, in most cases, the better.
[right][snapback]147823[/snapback][/right]

Ah, but you have to look at it the other way as well.

For example the electrical wiring will be as modern as it gets, without it being hermetically sealed in the walls, 50 year old wiring is just an expense waiting to happen.

The newer the homes, the tighter tolerances it is (supposedly) built to, so less leaks and drafts you gotta chase down.

Plus the newer the home, the less $ you have to put aside for those "age" related repairs that an older home will end up having.

NefCanuck

Messages In This Thread
Buy My House (gta Realestate Thread) - NefCanuck - 10-11-2005, 01:18 PM