Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow, Stock 15's Vs 17's... What A Difference
I popped the 15's back on today... was going to do it last week but figured I'd wait till after the cruise. I am just shocked that I had the car like this for so long before getting the 17's... wow. Both appearance and performance wise, I MUCH prefer the 17's. There are only two discernable benefits to having the 15's back on; firstly, they're more comfortable. The ride is obviously smoother with more air blocking the rim from taking a beating. Secondly there's no rub, which is a nice change :P But short of that I can't really think of anything else I like about them over the 17's. They sit much farther in, so the fender flare looks weird, they are narrower, thereby reducing the stance width (and thus the stability) of the car, more sidewall = more roll in cornering which in turn = reduced cornering speed (partially to do with cheap tires), etc... I miss my 17's :( Damned winter
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)

Messages In This Thread
Wow, Stock 15's Vs 17's... What A Difference - Raine - 10-17-2005, 03:12 PM