Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ib Subs, Anyone Install These?
Raine,Oct 26 2005, 10:37 PM Wrote:Infinite baffle systems generally sound quite sloppy, albeit loud. The problem lies with the fact that in a no-enclosure situation, the speaker cone has nothing to reflex off (in a sealed box, for example, it has the air, slightly compressed by the pressure generated at low frequencies), thereby nothing to force the cone back against the signal. Certain IB subs have "springs" to return the cone to position, but such springs can often be TOO tight and result in short, overly sharp bass hits. I still think a sealed fiberglass enclosure is the best option. If space is your concern, either try making a sidewall box, a false floor, or use an Infinity Basslink
[right][snapback]151796[/snapback][/right]

yeah I know that some of the cheaper subs would sound almost out of phase in comparision to the front stage. I have also heard iB setups that just sounded great it all depends on the car where it sits etc.

I wasn't too too serious about this setup I just had it as an option for something diff. My original plan was for 2 x 12" subs in the trunk on the sidewall, and I already have the glassed mold made out, just a matter of building it up some more and slapping the MDF on. Come to think of it an iB sub in the wheel well would work nicely I would think and no more measuring box size.

As for that basslink, I already have a Pheonix Gold BassCube which I presume does the same thing ( dB boost and variable freq. adjustments )
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending

Messages In This Thread
Ib Subs, Anyone Install These? - nass - 10-27-2005, 01:52 AM
Ib Subs, Anyone Install These? - Raine - 10-27-2005, 08:37 AM
Ib Subs, Anyone Install These? - nass - 10-28-2005, 01:03 AM
Ib Subs, Anyone Install These? - Raine - 10-28-2005, 03:44 AM
Ib Subs, Anyone Install These? - NoiSeeVT - 10-28-2005, 08:14 AM