Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frost's Facelift Project 70% Complete
Hood Lock - Yeah I think I'm like the 2nd person on this site now that has one installed on the car, it works great and I find it keeps the hood closed more tighter compaired to the stock american one.

European Tail Lights - again I think other then 2001ZTS I'm like the second person here that has them on a sedan, I really fell in love with them when I saw them on his car and I had been thinking of them for a while and I finally got the funds together and got them, I have them set up perfectly other then the running light to the fog light is disconnected at the moment till I can get my hands on Euro headlight switch because then they will be hooked up.

Debbie ( my sister ) - she has not been driving my car since mid summer, mainly because I didn't want to cause any extra stress on her as she is pregnet with her 4th kid, and she is due just after christmas, so I don't plan on letting her try to learn / resume how to drive 5 speed till summer when the baby will be a little less stressful on her......

Front Lip - yeah I'm planning on reinstalling the Xenon lip to the car as it's part of the orginal stuff that came on the car when I got it, and I want to keep it some what true to it's orginal package, with the euro facelift of course... not to mention when I get the Euro rear on the car durring the summer I have to keep the rear too as there is only like 2 options for kits for Euro sedans on the market as far as I know of....

City Lights - Yes I have them hooked up with the power from the turn signels and they come one when the parking lights are on, I must admit they look cool when the car is off with the parking lights on, or high beams are on..... lol I kept the orange bulbs from the MK 1 headlights, I just took them out and popped them into the ST170's they kinda suit my car....

DRL's & St170's - I was thinking of putting them to the facelift foglights when I get them off mitch sometime in the new year, I was also thinking of putting in the yellow piaa's in there the fogs so the DRL's would be yellow..... but there is no way to hook them up to the city lights as far as I could see from all the wiring diagrams I was reading when I was setting up the harnes'es on the ST170's.... it was more or less hook them up this way only and that's it....

Upper Grille - yeah I like it too, I was thinking of a regular Ghia style of grille but I got it used and it was an ST170, so it was a bonus for me in the end I think, I have to pop off the surround and paint it to match the car, I'll do that more then likely myself when spring rolls in... :)

but yeah I'm happy the upper part of my car is done like I planned orginally, lol Although I went for the ST170's because on my friends car in Hawaii I didn't like how he has the normal facelift headlights on his car, I don't know I think it's because I hate seeing Crome on a yellow car, I think it looks too far out of place... not to mention the darker gray of the ST170's matches the black on the car already so when I was looking at lights it sorta became a no brainer as to why to get them.....
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.

Messages In This Thread
Frost's Facelift Project 70% Complete - Frost__2001 - 12-17-2005, 08:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frost's Front Facelift Project Now 95% Complete Frost__2001 10 3,083 02-04-2006, 04:51 AM
Last Post: Frost__2001
  2001 - 2002 Facelift Project Frost__2001 17 4,660 08-04-2005, 09:33 AM
  Frost's 2002 Facelift Bumper Project Frost__2001 22 7,083 07-08-2005, 03:39 PM