Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beware When Buying Used Ecu Flashers
Becareful when buying ANY used ECU flasher!!!!!!!!! Heres a little story about how I tried to save some money. I recently purchased one for my SVT and sent it off to a very well know and reputable tuner in the states. I figured that why buy a new one, when you can buy a used one for half the cost and have it reflashed. Today I was informed that the previous owner DID NOT flash his car back to the stock programming, he just left the aftermarket tune on it and sent it to me with stock tune and additional aftermarket tune on it. Now I will have to pay addional fees to have it sent to the company that makes it to be wiped. If the unit had ONLY the after market tunes on it, the dealer I sent it to could reflash it no problem, BUT since it has a factory tune on it, only the company that makes it can wipe it clean!!!!! And before you tell me I should have asked if it was unlocked before I purchased it, I DID and was told it was! I just no longer have the PMs to prove it as I deleted them. :rolleyes: Now I'm not saying the previous owner of my flasher did this on purpose as I don't know that, but save your self one potential GIANT PITA, and but a flasher new, unless you know you personally know you can trust the seller.

End rant. :angry:

Messages In This Thread
Beware When Buying Used Ecu Flashers - SVT ZX3 - 01-27-2006, 02:03 AM