Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mechant Won't Stop Harasseling Me!
focusonthis_88,Jan 31 2006, 07:46 PM Wrote:Well, I posted this a while back..but now it's been almost 3 months that there sending me letter by mail that I own them money.  But I never signed anything and never gave any sort of deposite...

What can I do for him to stop sending me letters???
[right][snapback]167776[/snapback][/right]
Like Nass said, more detail to refresh our memories would be good, but generally speaking I would write to them to via registered letter asking them to send you a copy of an invoice, specifically one that was signed by you, or a proof of a deposit, etc.

Make specific reference to the fact that you feel you are being wrongly harassed, and that the next correspondence from that must provide this information or you will be forwarding this issue to your lawyer and the police. Save a copy and staple the confirmation of registered mail delivery to it, and save it.

However, hopefully you haven't done anything like ever made a deposit (even if you wrote a check and cancelled it or left a VISA number), because that would be construed as a contract.

More info would help though.

Edit: We were posting at the same time, I just read the other thread, I dunno guy, did they send those to you without sending any money?

There's a few issues in play here - first, shipping damage is the responsibility of the shipping carrier, your best bet would have been to refuse it at the door.

The other is the fact that you were not satisfied with the product. Tough call, sounds like a case of buyer's remorse to me. if the company has a "no refunds" or "all sales final" policy that you were made aware of, then you're open to a lawsuit.

Either way, my above advice still holds, put the onus in writing to prove that you owe them. Usually if you threaten to drag them to court they'll realize that the cost involved will not result in breaking even on the sale.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*

Messages In This Thread
Mechant Won't Stop Harasseling Me! - nass - 02-01-2006, 11:02 AM
Mechant Won't Stop Harasseling Me! - OAC_Sparky - 02-01-2006, 11:19 AM
Mechant Won't Stop Harasseling Me! - 02ztsian - 02-02-2006, 01:46 AM
Mechant Won't Stop Harasseling Me! - nass - 02-02-2006, 08:20 AM