Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toyota Moves Closer To World Domination
Just in case you doubted Toyota's ability to rule the automotive world ... this is why they have the domestics crapping their pampers (check out the last line). I sure am glad Toyota is now a client.

From Automotive News

TOKYO -- Shares in Toyota Motor Corp. hit a record high on Friday, sending the automaker's market value above $200 billion -- more than that of U.S. retail giant Wal-Mart Stores -- and analysts said the issue could keep rising as profits look to grow even faster next year.

Climbing for the fourth session in five days, shares in Japan's top carmaker touched an all-time peak of $55.28 (6,560 yen) in early trade, putting its market capitalization -- a measure of how much investors believe a company is worth -- at $200.7 billion at current exchange rates.

"Fundamentally, there's nothing negative you can point to with Toyota," said Koichi Ogawa, chief portfolio manager at Daiwa SB Investments.

"With the broader market and start-ups suffering right now, there's a flight to quality, and institutional and retail investors alike are looking for large-cap, blue-chip stocks that they feel are safe," he added.

With an arsenal of popular cars and a lean cost structure, Toyota has long dwarfed rival automakers in terms of market capitalization.

By this yardstick Toyota is now worth more than double the combined value of DaimlerChrysler AG, General Motors and Ford Motor Co.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
Toyota Moves Closer To World Domination - ZTWsquared - 02-18-2006, 11:23 AM