Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok Raise Your Hand If You Got Laid Off Today
Well now I plan to take this coming week off. Beings it is my birthday on saturday (MArch4). Right now I'm thinking of alot of things. I already have my mold making cerification papers, I can really go anywhere in ontario with them. Only problem is moving to where the work is. I know now Windsor is and will be going down the pooper within the next 5 -10 years, and where that would put me with a job is unknown. I dunno, maybe move up closer to TO, kitchener, london, I don't know yet. I just know that in the last few months about 100 people loast their jobs due to lay-offs in the city in the same field. I guess now I am one of them. Who here has moved away from home, (long distances) for work. How did it go, how did you deal. Was it hard to find a place.?????
This really sucks because I really liked the people I worked with, this place I was almost there 3 years, a tight nit family of guys. It just sucks it is going to end like this. Its funny I have even looked states side for a job, and what do I find, Roush industries, they are looking for mold maker with my qualifications, only issue is that I'm in canada, and there in livonia michigan. Half hour drive, 40-50km one way, but the pay could be excellent. SO I sent a resume, and we will see what comes out of it. Right now like I said, I am just going to take soem time to reflect on the best course for me to take right now.

Messages In This Thread
Ok Raise Your Hand If You Got Laid Off Today - laidman - 02-26-2006, 03:26 PM