Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok Raise Your Hand If You Got Laid Off Today
Dude, that sucks, I know how it feels. Ford let me go 2 years ago, even though I was one of the smartest engineers in my department. Now, 2 years later it appears my current employer, Dana, is possibly going to declare bankruptcy over the weekend.

It has come out they have hired a restructuring firm, and will not comment on the issue, and some people think Dana has run out of cash. The stock tanked on Friday, lost 52% of it's value to 1.51, it was at $17 just 1-2 years ago.

Luckily for me, I saw the signs of a poorly run company in time, and got the hell out. I start my new job next Monday.

I live in Windsor, and used to work in Livonia. The commute was reasonable, maybe 30-35 minutes. Your real issue is if you can get a work visa for the US. Not sure if mold makers are eligible. Usually it's only university degrees.

I moved from Ottawa to Windsor when I got the job at Ford. It's tough moving away from your family. We're moving to Toronto to get closer to ours.

But, fear not, TO isn't that far from Windsor. You could easily visit on weekends. And TO is much better than Windsor. Anywhere is much better than Windsor. Sorry to say it, if you're a lifetime Windsorite... but I've seen MANY cities in Canada, and Windsor is the worst, with no redeeming qualities except... nope, no redeeming qualities.

Quote:Hey, I drink Coors Light and I got laid off today too.

I'm pretty sure this guy really doesn't need to hear about YOUR "layoff" situation.

Messages In This Thread
Ok Raise Your Hand If You Got Laid Off Today - P-51 - 02-27-2006, 01:10 AM