Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok Raise Your Hand If You Got Laid Off Today
I'M a moron? I have a good paycheque with excellent benefits and salary, a great pension package, and a 4 minute drive to the office.

I can pretty much take vacation days as I please (asked the boss for one Friday, got the OK), hardly work overtime but still get paid for it when I do... and I'm salaried! Oh yeah, profit sharing too.

Yup, real bad conditions there. I interviewed for my position, got the job on my skills and education plus the obvious other stuff... and was hired 3 months before I graduated.

And ANYONE working for a union needs to seriously lay off the nepotism attacks. Canada Post alone, nevermind anywhere else... PURE NEPOTISM. Noone gets in without knowing ANYONE. In fact, out of my many relatives in various unions, the only one that got anywhere without having a relative on-board was my teacher cousin... and she still got the in because of friends who were already there!

Unions - when you just can't cut the umbilical. And as for the "dick in cheeks" crack, a lot of union numbskulls make that comment when they don't have the individual skills and brainpower to carry themselves forward.

A lot of smart people are, sadly, held back by unions. Too many dumb ones are kept on and cost the rest. Unions are job security for those who can't strike it out on their own.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
Ok Raise Your Hand If You Got Laid Off Today - NOS2Go4Me - 02-28-2006, 07:02 AM