Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok Raise Your Hand If You Got Laid Off Today
OAC_Sparky,Feb 27 2006, 04:09 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 27 2006, 04:02 PM Wrote:I'M a moron? I have a good paycheque with excellent benefits and salary, a great pension package, and a 4 minute drive to the office.

I can pretty much take vacation days as I please (asked the boss for one Friday, got the OK), hardly work overtime but still get paid for it when I do... and I'm salaried! Oh yeah, profit sharing too.

Yup, real bad conditions there. I interviewed for my position, got the job on my skills and education plus the obvious other stuff... and was hired 3 months before I graduated.

And ANYONE working for a union needs to seriously lay off the nepotism attacks. Canada Post alone, nevermind anywhere else... PURE NEPOTISM. Noone gets in without knowing ANYONE. In fact, out of my many relatives in various unions, the only one that got anywhere without having a relative on-board was my teacher cousin... and she still got the in because of friends who were already there!

Unions - when you just can't cut the umbilical.
[right][snapback]172441[/snapback][/right]

Who the frig cares.

7 paid weeks off a year plus benefits and APlan. Last year was slow at $110G, had nearly every weekend off (ie no O/T for 6 months), historically it's $140-$160G. Not including the $20G I make on side contracting. I can take my trade anywhere in Canada, I'll never be out of work.

Yeah, life's rough. If you're any indication of your family's inbreeding, I can understand their need for nepotism.
[right][snapback]172443[/snapback][/right]

OWN3d!!!!!

Someone... Pleaaassee get me a job at the ford plant :D
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold

Messages In This Thread
Ok Raise Your Hand If You Got Laid Off Today - scoobasteve - 02-28-2006, 07:13 AM