Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Some People Should Not Be Given Computers
Today was just one of those days where things go wrong and you're left to wonder if the universe is stupid, or is it you?

Came in to the office today to the sight of my boss dragging in one of our laptops, saying that the thing won't start up anymore without freezing and blue screening within minutes of starting, when it would start at all. He then says:

"Look at it whenever you get a chance, take it home if you have to"

Which I (correctly I might add) interpet as "Get to work on it as soon as you have nothing else to do, 'cause I'll be watching" because as soon as I was finished my phone calls (but before I could attack my email backlog) he comes in and asks if I've looked at it yet <_<

So I start it up (or try to) the things is an absolute mess, can't even complete a virus scan without crashing. So I start quizzing the boss on what he's been doing with the thing. He cops to installing "a few things" but "removed them right away when he started having problems"

It's at this point I smile, nod and wish him a messy death plunge from my office window five stories up.

Kudos to MicroSquash though, their System Restore utility actually worked and I was able to go back in time to a stable restore point and cleaned up the system after that (Several hours later :rolleyes: )

Moral of the story? There really isn't one. Except that my boss should only get an "Etch-A-Sketch" as a PC :angry:

Stercus accidit, I suppose...

NefCanuck

Messages In This Thread
Why Some People Should Not Be Given Computers - NefCanuck - 03-03-2006, 10:57 AM