Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Some People Should Not Be Given Computers
euro_zx5,Mar 3 2006, 09:39 AM Wrote:That sounds like crap Nef... using system restore *shudders* You are a brave brave man... I don't think there is one computer I have that enabled on. Whenever I fix a family's computer, I automatically disable it (most times) and find that the system restore actually held the virus I was removing (when this was the main problem). A good virus scanner and firewall, and you shouldn't have to worry about many issues. Cheap software, or free software and watch out.
[right][snapback]173201[/snapback][/right]

Yeah well it was either system restore or he would have had to wait until I took the machine home to work on it with my tools. He wasn't in the mood to wait <_<

Only a few freeware programs on the thing, everything else was commercial software. I suspect a drivers issue because he was getting things like the video drivers for the 'top from the Windows update site instead of the manufacturer's site (Sony) I've run into bizzareness with Windows update on my home system trying to "upgrade" my video card drivers to ones that are three years old :rolleyes:

He'll be bringing it back to the office Monday to let me massage it some more, because there's still a lag in the system response time that wasn't there when we bought the system.

As to family PC problems? Hell, I'm surprised that my father hasn't killed the PC we bought him for his birthday last December yet. But I think I scared him good enough when I set it up that he won't install anything without me being right there to ensure no funny stuff goes on :P

NefCanuck

Messages In This Thread
Why Some People Should Not Be Given Computers - NefCanuck - 03-04-2006, 12:59 AM