Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadian Tire Guy Is Finally s*** Canned.
Let me tell you what I have learned since Aaron has been working at Canadain Tire as an apprentice.
Firstly, I have now figured out why they suck and have the reputation they suck in the public's eyes about auto service. Aaron has been treated like s*** the last 3-4 months by the head mechanic because the other apprentice will come into work, without pay, and work when he is in school on weekends for free. And the other apprentice knows half of what Aaron knows and has been in the apprentice program 1.5 years longer than Aaron.
It has now become expected that when Aaron is done his apprenticeship, he will move on. Even his colleges know that and have talked to him about it. How stupid. Why not try and hold onto the best mechanics and try to make their lives that much less miserable with good raises and incentives to stay.
But no, his boss is an ass. There are times I would like to go over there and give the head mechanic a piece of my mind. But the boy has to fight his own battles and learn to control himself.
This week he made me proud. He and the head mechanic were having a discussion/ argument about the charges on my truck as it was in for service. The past policy is that I pay cost on parts and no labour. Well there was a charge for labour and increased costs for parts on the bill. As has happened in the past, the head mechanic tells Aaron that if he doesn't like the situation, he can take it up with the store owner. He has not done so in the past because he doesn't want to be seen as the little squealer that runs off to management.
So this time he said to the guy, is that what you really suggest as my solution? He said yes. Aaron went upstairs and let the owner know everything that had happened over the last 3-4 months, I got my truck taken care of for free, and Aaron got a raise.
My point.
CT does nothing to promote those with knowledge and intelligence. They want the worst of the worst so they can run over them.
And Aaron already has a job offer to run a shop in Hamilton when his apprenticeship is over.
KMA CT!
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.

Messages In This Thread
Canadian Tire Guy Is Finally s*** Canned. - meford4u - 03-12-2006, 09:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian Tire 2-day Sale ANTHONYD 8 3,552 06-24-2006, 04:48 AM
Last Post: Oscar The Grouch
  Canadian Tire 2-day Mega Sale ANTHONYD 3 1,737 05-20-2006, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Kool_ZX3
  Good Deal At Canadian Tire. ANTHONYD 9 3,268 11-18-2005, 09:27 AM
Last Post: ZTS_DJ
  Why I Love Canadian Tire! TonyDee 23 10,541 10-31-2005, 11:45 PM
Last Post: ANTHONYD