Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks Like I Fixed My Fender...........
The ex-owner of my car installed some mud guard but on one of the fender he did the hole so close of the edge ( where the fender has a lip) that it broke and the fender lost all of it's rigidity and start bending towars the outside, I thought about buying a new one but seems like they will have to blend my left door and my hood to match the paint, after thinking about it for months I decided to try something and looks like it's gonna work.

Look at the gap I have between the plastic guard and the fender it self , all the road dirt , water and stones can go behind , it's no big deal but it was bugging me.

[Image: 31062.jpg]

What I'm trying to do is pull the fender back in and I think I did it , we have to see if it's gonna last.

After removing the inner fender , I sand down all the paint inside and glue ( with a special mixture bought at the auto parts ) a small cylinder with a hole in the middle to be able to run some stainless wire into to it.

[Image: 31063.jpg]

Next step was to make a adjustable bolt to be able to pull the fender inside , I used a butterfly nut and drilled 4 holes into it and ran a 6mm screw into it with 2 nuts to pull the wires.

[Image: 31064.jpg]

All I have to do now is install the wires and start tighting the nut to pull it in.

[Image: 31065.jpg]

Now the fender is back to it's original curve and I don't have a gap between the inner fender and the fender itself.

I know it's not much of a deal but maybe someone is in the same situation as I was and doesn't know what to do.

It does look better don't you think ?

[Image: 31067.jpg]

[Image: 31066.jpg]

All I need now is the nice weather to show up ... B)
Martin !
...V8 RX7...

...[Image: stan.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Looks Like I Fixed My Fender........... - mpcv2000 - 03-19-2006, 02:43 AM