Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slam And Roll... But
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 13 2006, 08:42 AM Wrote:Jack stands just make sense when under the car, guys.
[right][snapback]164887[/snapback][/right]

Here here, i agree 100%...no mod is worth your life....not gonna preach but, SAFETY FIRST....
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Slimsride,Jan 13 2006, 10:10 PM Wrote:Um..you know if your impact wrench is good, you can use that...alot faster then an ALLEN KEY...holy crap....
[right][snapback]164996[/snapback][/right]

what is this allen key used for? I dont have one :(
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
I had my suspension swapped at a garage...took about 4 hours, which included the 4-wheel alignment too. This cost me a few hundred bux, but I don't care, I wanted it done right in the first place, and like the other guys said, didn't have the space or tools to do it myself.

Oh yeah, it doesn't help when SHM gives you the wrong bushings for the swaybars (gave my polyeurethane bushings for SVT bars which are a lot smaller than mine now), and you have to drive the car, un-aligned without the swaybars swapped from Hamilton to Woodstock and back.

I installed the rear swaybar myself though...took like 20 mins, and I used anti-seize compound on all of the bolts and painted the subframe crossmember with flat black paint...

Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Slimsride,Jan 13 2006, 10:10 PM Wrote:
nass,Jan 13 2006, 08:51 AM Wrote:so then 4 scissor jacks holding the car up is a bad thing?

and yeah in the front you have to take the whole strut out and get a secret tool to undo the spring. We just use a socket and and allen key ( I think ) and made it work. It was something along those lines it wasn't anything fancy.
[right][snapback]164891[/snapback][/right]

Um..you know if your impact wrench is good, you can use that...alot faster then an ALLEN KEY...holy crap....
[right][snapback]164996[/snapback][/right]

hold up there, we did use an impact wrench. we put the socket in held it in place with some vice grips, then in the hole in the socket we put the allen key in ( not the angle type you're thinking of it's a socket type ) that went into the impact wrench.

it's hard to explain but it worked.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending