Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbos!
hardk0re,Apr 28 2005, 07:12 PM Wrote:Pull the fuel pump relay?  I just pull the abs fuse and flash???  Less than 5 minutes...
[right][snapback]105222[/snapback][/right]

the instructions for my flasher say to pull the fuel/ignition relay to prevent your pump from burning out during the (somewhat lengthy) flash times. nothing about ABS...

i could see the fuel pump getting strained for being in the 'run' position, but without the engine running for 10 minutes at a time.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Wow you got instructions? :blink:

yup.. came in a nice box too.. only the SCT advantage software came in a cheesy slipcover with a paper CD label (and turned out to be many versions too old)
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Darkpuppet, "You'd be surprised how hard it is to get people to reveal their spark modifiers when they're not getting paid for it."

This is true and back in the day i was one that didnt share because no one else anywhere was doing it so i didnt let much out , Now everyone is a " tuner "

The timing is one of the easiest parts , for starters turn off all your timing adders AF , EGR , Load , Etc ( but NOT the ECT, IAT) then just use your borderline timing tables for tuning , Keeping in mind that out of the 3 sets of tables Base , borderline , BMT the LOWEST of the timing in that cell load vs RPM in each of the 3 will be the timing that gets used , I have seen many times AF adder add timing because with turbo you run richer and causes slight deto , In your Raptor you have a timing source ( ill bet no one has even used it or knows what the sources are) you will be SHOCKED where the timing is truely coming from , Most will show 2 or 1 , then on decel 18 , 2 is borderline and thats the only table i use

I have started a tuning section for SCT people i sell to (nothing in it yet) and this is for everyone not a "you have to buy it from me to look in here crap"

And yes my SCT Pro you get a starter map as well

Tom

You also have the option of getting a SCT Pro Racer with my kit as well and comes with the Raptor scan tool also for 425.00 more

Tom
I have under $2200 into my turbo kit and I pretty much made everything from scratch. That's including my emanage wideband and gauges. Depends how you want to go with it. If you have a mig welder or tig and you know how to use it you can make pretty much anything. Also i'll just tune my car with the emanage and wideband instead of putting it on the dyno. But what am I talking about???? :blink: I drive a Cavalier.