Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Who's Been Almost Trouble Free?
tdot-zx3,Jan 18 2005, 05: Wrote:My car was pretty good as well... I had no complaints.
[right][snapback]79411[/snapback][/right]

Those were great weeks.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Pretty much. Had the recall on the fuel pump done voluntarily, the 50,000 KM tranny service done around 65,000 because of an oversight. Had the rotors / drums checked before I bought the car last Feb. and the pads replaced. As of last month, surprisingly, both the shoes and the pads were pretty much new :o

New tires bought last month, but that was an expected expense given the mileage. Perhaps a tad premature, but I'd rather err on the side of caution.

Almost forgot, had a length of vacuum tubing replaced way back in July, right before we went on vacation. The cost was about 50 bucks... so probably a little excessive, but more of an annoyance than anything else at that point.

Other than that, nope.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Oh were oh were to start hahaha

All recalls completed, some multiple times.

other issues, Paint peeling under hood, and at bottom of doors (repainted twice under warrenty), front stabilizer link bending and popping right off, hood latch mechanism and wire replaced, interior trim panels replaced twice, new shocks and struts at 20,000, thermostat housing replace due to crack at connection with block, had the orig skirts (pieces of plastic replaced) kept falling off, clutch spring snapping off while driving, wheel bearing and knuckle replacement.

(all the above under warrenty before 60k km)

Think that is enough for now hahaha.. all I can remember off hand.

Oh and then yesterday after saying to my gf, the car has been trouble free for a while, 6hrs later I have no wipers and heater fan.

Otherwise the car has been pretty good LOL.

2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
5yrs 172000km :blink:
Other than ALL the recall(you name it I done it), trim not staying together, noise here and there. The only time I am in the shop is because of the fuel pump problem. Not bad if you ask me.
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

260000km and counting.....
Ben sell the car. The paint is peeling because it didn't cure thru e-coat. It will become a rust bucket quicker than you can say Fuktard. Sell the lemon you bought and buy bluetoy's. Everything you want, just talk him down in price.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Jan 20 2005, 03:44 PM Wrote:Ben sell the car.  The paint is peeling because it didn't cure thru e-coat.  It will become a rust bucket quicker than you can say Fuktard.  Sell the lemon you bought and buy bluetoy's.  Everything you want, just talk him down in price.
[right][snapback]79825[/snapback][/right]

It is sticking around for another 4-6 months, and then I'm out of school, will be working and provided with a company car, and will be buying a new car. Which will not be a compact car. :D
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
Other than assuming it was hit prior to my purchase. Clearcoat problem resolved so far. She's FINE cross my fingerz.
I don't put any hard mileage on her.
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
137 work orders or somewhere around there and counting.

Other than that... the car has been great.
ANTHONYD,Jan 21 2005, 11:45 AM Wrote:137 work orders or somewhere around there and counting.

[right][snapback]79979[/snapback][/right]

That grabber green was probably a lemon lime. <_<
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
aside from the 8 recalls
entire front suspension replaced
Steering rack replaced
wheel well trim repaired
brakes replaced @8,000k's
key stuck in ignition
stock speakers stopped working

other than that the car was ok ;)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
dBlast,Jan 21 2005, 08:02 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Jan 21 2005, 11:45 AM Wrote:137 work orders or somewhere around there and counting.

[right][snapback]79979[/snapback][/right]

That grabber green was probably a lemon lime. <_<
[right][snapback]79999[/snapback][/right]

I tell you something about those green sedans and you laugh at me. See what we do to theses cars on the aseembly line. No respect for the green sedan.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
For current focus (5 speed) all the recall work was done before I bought it, and the sensor went twice. I can say other then a few broken interior parts, which will be replaced soon, it is an okay car. But I've been having loads of problems related to the Hella headlights on my car, and it's an issue I can't seem to resolve as of yet. and I have to add One damaged Bumper thanks to my sister.

Last focus ( Auto ), Tranny noises, in winter backing up, fuel filter was on it's way out as I dealt it in. 8 sensors, moisture in passenger tail light, and drivers side head light, all under warrantee. Set of tires and brakes out of warrantee and that was it.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Two 2001 ZX3s (bought new) and one 2005 ST (also bought new).

Had fuel pump problem with both 2001s, fixed under warranty.

ZERO problems besides that.
Hi there, new to the forum...thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth...
My '01 Focus (57,000 kms) had been perfect, until the last month...DPFE sensor, then fuel pump failed on vacation in Florida, both warranty....and now in the shop, and coming out of my pocket, Engine Mount bolts sheared off, engine dropped, tore up axle, timing cover, belt and tensioner. Looks like was a casting defect on one of the bolts. I have written Ford about it, we'll see what happens.
7 months
26,800km

No problems at all :)
2003 Focus ZTS Sedan - CD Silver - 2.0L ZETEC. Power Moonroof. Winter Package. 4 spd auto
2002 Mazda Protege ES Sedan - Sand Mica - 2.0L FS-DE. 4 spd auto

Toronto Protege Club Events Photographer
Toronto Protege Club Events Reporter
Doug'sStreetEdition,Mar 22 2005, 12:5 Wrote:Hi there, new to the forum...thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth...
My '01 Focus (57,000 kms) had been perfect, until the last month...DPFE sensor, then fuel pump failed on vacation in Florida, both warranty....and now in the shop, and coming out of my pocket, Engine Mount bolts sheared off, engine dropped, tore up axle, timing cover, belt and tensioner. Looks like was a casting defect on one of the bolts. I have written Ford about it, we'll see what happens.
[right][snapback]95643[/snapback][/right]

:blink:

Thats bad news. Hopefully it works out.

:hi:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Doug'sStreetEdition,Mar 22 2005, 04:5 Wrote:Hi there, new to the forum...thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth...
[right][snapback]95643[/snapback][/right]

Oh great something else to worry about..................engines that fall out. :rolleyes:

What is next exploding seats? radioatctive carpet?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Mar 22 2005, 12:46 PM Wrote:What is next exploding seats? radioatctive carpet?

It's Ford it can happen. ;)

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
My previous focus, 92,000km's. The only problem I had was DPFE sensors going every 20,000kms.

Other than that there were zero problems with the car and amazingly no recalls.
only prob i had was the rear drums made a squeaking noise. nothing really serious but ford fixed them no problem no questions.