Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seats Are Here (updated 01-01-05)
OT - True.... some of them (depending on what you purchased) say on a 12 month no interest thing in the fine print can backbill you the interest. Have to be careful with anything when it comes to credit.

Good points!
OT- My GF and I have had a CIBC dividends card for the last year, we use it for grocery's and other stuff that we need to buy for everyday living. We have never missed a payment, pay 100% every time.

Over the last year, we have accumulated 150$ of "dividend" dollars that we will get this month.WOOHOO!!

this is the way Credit cards should be used.

My personal card on the other hand..NOT so good.

anyways, back to the seats..CUTE dogs!
Not sure. Other then that the seats seem to made out of the exact same way my stock ones were. I dont care thow Im getting them redone. The brackets im making are nice thick metal. I dunno. Its not like I have any hills or cliffs to slide off of so Im pretty sure I well be safe. Most ppl cant afford brackets so they end up bolting the seat right down into the floor of the car and even those ppl have not had any problems. Some ppl care about safety. I myself dont give a s**t.
Just Found these...

Could use the picture as a base idea.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7938512579&rd=1
I was thinking about a design like that.
Why don't u get some brackets welded to your existing Focus subframes and bolt them on? Like I've done, that means the seat belt pretensioner still works and its like nothing has changes...except for the styling of the seat!

Check mine out on my page...
FastFord (March 2005)
Performance Ford (November 2005)
FastFord Thrash (January 2008)
Modified Nationals Top 25 (2005,2006)
FastFord (May 2009)
FastFord RS V ST Thrash (June 2009)
LOL thats what me and my buddy decided on doing. We took the stock seat all apart and just jimmy the new seat to that..
ah, I see. Well I've sent you a PM back, I'll go out and take sum photo's now o.k. Check back to this thread in a bit...

Its much easier than you think, except u have to be good with a tape measure to get the angles right etc...
FastFord (March 2005)
FastFord (May 2009)
shouldnt be bad then. my buddy who is helping me is a carpenter...
Alright. Here is a little thing and some pictures of the install process. I decided to take advantage of the existing stock brackets since they are there and fit is 100%. No point in me making custom ones. Plus the slider on the one seat broke so I need to use the stock sliders.

Any way. The stock seat is actually in two peices. The seat bottom and the back and its all together with bolts and screws so nothing crazy to take it apart. For the front aluminim peice there is a bolt and a pop rivot on each site. Take off the bolt then drill out the rivet..

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 5.jpg]

the side plastic peice can be tricky but its just held on with snaps. be sure to on screw the quick release handle first

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 4.jpg]

Sort of get an idea of the stock welds that are holding your seat on the bracket..

[Image: 6.jpg]

In this pic I labled where I am going to get 1/4 thick L brackets welded on and this is where the new seat will bolt down into.

[Image: 7.jpg]

Removed the sliders that were included with the seat and am going to measure where the holes are so i can line them up with holes in the L backets.

[Image: 8.jpg]

Sort of an idea how it will look.

I think this should work pretty good. Once the seat is installed you wont see the stock bracket as easy since it sits down pretty low. Exact same COCHYN did.
Here you go m8, these are crappy one's I took before I sprayed the brackets up. They look much nicer now, like they were meant to be there.

You cannot see these brackets after all the covers are back on the seat. As you can see, the one's on the driver seat are welded on (had to be done due to the height adjuster) whereas the passenger seat has been bolted on using the existing holes.

The difficult job was adjusting the seats so they don't slouch too far back or too far forward. As you can see from the last pic, their just right... :D

TROUBLESHOOTING

Be careful on how you mount the steel to the new seat when sorting out how to make the height adjuster work, coz lookin' at your seats I don't reckon u can make them work. So I advise you to adjust the brackets to your ideal ride height then weld them on, making sure you raise the back slightly or you will be driving in a very weird position. Look at picture 4, u can see that the bracket I've made has 2 nuts (excuse the pun! LOL), the lower 1 you can slacken then push the seat up and down from the back so u can adjust the brackets to their accurate horizontal measurement.

Cheers, good luck!

[Image: temp_9008.jpg]
[Image: temp_9009.jpg]
[Image: temp_9010.jpg]
[Image: temp_9011.jpg]
[Image: temp_7847.jpg]
FastFord (March 2005)
FastFord (May 2009)
dude you steering wheel is on the wrong side

opps damn ford workers :P
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
wow, like I ain't heard that 1 before! :rolleyes:

Here's summit u guys and the American's have never heard of, its called bends in the roads and good handling on a car! :lol:

only messin'! :P
FastFord (March 2005)
FastFord (May 2009)
you mean teh mustang :lol:
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
yup, and most American cars! :lol:
FastFord (March 2005)
FastFord (May 2009)