Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi-flow Cats
Isnt that kit nearing hte $7000 canadian mark ?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Nov 16 2004, 12:48 PM Wrote:Isnt that kit nearing hte $7000 canadian mark ?
[right][snapback]70157[/snapback][/right]

the kit is going for $4700 US. is is a fully bolt on kit thow and we are talking Cosworth here. This is not cheap quality parts.
scoobasteve,Nov 16 2004, 03:48 PM Wrote:Isnt that kit nearing hte $7000 canadian mark ?
[right][snapback]70157[/snapback][/right]

No wonder the focus modding community isnt big...You want real bolt on power...your looking minimum of 7k for the 2 bolt on FI kits out their.... :blink:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Scooby do---------noice that your adding the RT...........more noise fucktard

Flo---------get a better job so you can catch up to the fucktard overspenders.

da brat---------youv'e got way too much money on your hands. Did you only get the sponsorship with Mitch so you could get Focus parts at cost from him? Yeah, like nobody else was thinking this.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Nov 16 2004, 09:20 PM Wrote:Scooby do---------noice that your adding the RT...........more noise fucktard

Flo---------get a better job so you can catch up to the fucktard overspenders.

da brat---------youv'e got way too much money on your hands.  Did you only get the sponsorship with Mitch so you could get Focus parts at cost from him?  Yeah, like nobody else was thinking this.
[right][snapback]70239[/snapback][/right]
jason,
gets a good deal but i'd give a similar deal to anyone who spends as much money with me as he does.
I am a Powerworks distributor.
the kits REATIL at $6500cnd
I will be selling them at normal rate of $6000cnd

i am looking at putting together a GB on them that would bring the price down to $5500cnd for the Zetec kits

the SVT and the 2.3L kits are in the works as we speak and should be ready in the begining of the new year.

zetec kist are rated at 220bhp and 200lb/ft or 190fwhp and 175lb/ft
SVT is rated at 250bhp and 220lb/ft or 225fwhp and 190lb/ft
the 2.3L kit is rated at 265bhp and unspecified lb/ft # as of yet.

and the link is www.powerworks.net
it is a M62 Eaton blower with a long runner manifold with an intagrated air-to-water intercooler with FM-heatexchanger. these kits will push a hell of a lot more power than how they come and even Randy at FS praised these kits for the power the produce.
the kit is complete bolt-on unlike any other kit. has a complete MIC.
install should take the average person 10hours.
Quote:da brat---------youv'e got way too much money on your hands

I was thinking the same thing...

You should really look into investing some of that money, instead of putting it into your car. But thats just me...

You still live at home right? Just think, with the cost of a mod or two a month, you could be mortgaging your own house!

For every $100 you spend, you might be lucky to get $50 of that back if you were to part out your car when you sell it. Otherwise, you're looking at getting maybe a tenth of what you put into it back. Not very good odds. With those kinda risks, you could possibly be making huge money on the stock market instead.
i used to hate when people say that..."why do you spent so much money on your car...you could be spending it on better things"

there is always something better you can spend your money on...but this is a hobby, and an expensive one at that.

When i was playing rep soccer and baseball, i was spending thousands a year on equipment and tournaments...about the same that i spend on my car now...

if thats what you like to do, do it...dont tell him what to do...

take one hobby yuo have or used to have...and think about how much you used to spend on it ina year, and think if it was any different from modding you focus, some people could get a civic instead of a S2000, but they want it for a reason, becuase they like the looks or performance, some on us dont have the money to buy a car like that so we get a focus...and then when we have the money we try to make it look as nice or perform as well as a S2000...or something similar...

your doing a great job Jay...keep it up...
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
meford4u,Nov 17 2004, 12:20 AM Wrote:Flo---------get a better job so you can catch up to the fucktard overspenders.

No, what i get paid for what I do has nothing to do with it, I'm just not going to bend over and take a $410 cat up my ass. :lol:

I'll pay my sub $100.00 for a high flow Universal Cat, and like Dan said, pay the extra $50 bones to have it welded in.

Thats like what......$300 saved compared to your route, I can use that money for more turbo parts. ;)
Bah... i'll just get an orp, and hopefully not get arrested
05 Altima SE-R
Ya I still live at home and pay no rent. I also dont smoke or buy booze.
thabrat,Nov 17 2004, 01:52 PM Wrote:I also dont smoke or buy booze.
[right][snapback]70329[/snapback][/right]

You trying to tell us somethin? <_< :P
Ah, thats the trick! You steal the booze! Why didn't I think of that...
scoobasteve,Nov 17 2004, 09:36 AM Wrote:Bah... i'll just get an orp, and hopefully not get arrested
[right][snapback]70317[/snapback][/right]

Is that true. I didn't know in it was so bad not to have a CAT. LOL Now im curious as to why Sask said we don't need a CAT. I thinking because there are so many farmers with crappy cars LOL how ever Alberta has tons of farmers to.

01-yellow-ZX3,Nov 17 2004 Wrote:Ah, thats the trick!  You steal the booze!  Why didn't I think of that...
[right][snapback]70333[/snapback][/right]

LOL. The trick is to sneak in a bottle of Gin any time you goto the bar or club. And at parties you always have someone asking you why you aint drinking and you just say "I dont know, Im broke". Then there nice enough to give you a drink. If the party is big you end up getting asked that question lots LOL and know body will ever no the real truth witch is why your broke LOL (becuase you just spent a s**t load of money on your car)
Quote:If the party is big you end up getting asked that question lots LOL and know body will ever no the real truth witch is why your broke LOL

LOL, until you give them a ride in your car with 20K in mods. :lol:
I dont think not having a cat is arrestable . I think its just a big fine.. either 300 or $$1000 rings a bell.
05 Altima SE-R
I put the steeda....(rebadged focus central I think) does have better throttle response but I doubt it has any significant gains ....load inside the car but not really that bad out back.....
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges
Can anyone suggest a local shop(GTA) that will do high flow cat for a good price? And where you guy suggest the cat go into? Flex? mid pipe?
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

260000km and counting.....
I am looking at trying to get a SVT header kit/SVT high flow cat(under not in front like standard Zetec)/flex pipe and have it installed on my non-SVT ZX3. Hopefully done locally(GTA) as well.
I know that McNews Automotive in Pennslyvannia sells the combo kit (and probably installs it too.)
link to McNews Automotive
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
From what I have found out about the under car cats for our car, they don't work. Why? Because they don't generate enough heat from the engine to make them efficient enough to work. That was the whole reasoning behind Ford putting the cat in front.

I looked into doing this, and the experts said either do no cat, a high flow cat up front or leave it be.

They strongly suggested not putting the cat under the car.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.