Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Advice?
LoL haha, that dark grey is original?!? LoL, the dealers scammed me! lol they didn't even try to tell me that it could have gotten that dark grey
2003 Focus ZTS Sedan - CD Silver - 2.0L ZETEC. Power Moonroof. Winter Package. 4 spd auto
2002 Mazda Protege ES Sedan - Sand Mica - 2.0L FS-DE. 4 spd auto

Toronto Protege Club Events Photographer
Toronto Protege Club Events Reporter
wait a min, your car is a 2003 right? I think dark gray was only available in 2000-2001 models. It wasnt an option on my 2002 zx3.
My other ride is your Mom
I've got a 2002 silver ZX3 and it's got the dark gray interior.. Bort has a 2002 silver ZX3 from the same dealership and it's got the medium gray.
aw...i guess i can't get those silver unless i paint everything else as well...because right now, the whole interior is light grey along with the seats. hummm...i wonder what color would look good, i want to paint some of the interior but keep the car looking OEM.

btw, i saw a few post here and there about the push start button from the cigarette lighter...I know the total cost wouldn't go over $100cdn. Does anyone have it? Is it easy to install? I mean, just bring the 2 wires from the console to the button and we're rdy to go right?
2003 Focus ZTS Sedan - CD Silver - 2.0L ZETEC. Power Moonroof. Winter Package. 4 spd auto
2002 Mazda Protege ES Sedan - Sand Mica - 2.0L FS-DE. 4 spd auto

Toronto Protege Club Events Photographer
Toronto Protege Club Events Reporter
Spyder01,Jul 15 2004, 09:33 PM Wrote:aw...i guess i can't get those silver unless i paint everything else as well...because right now, the whole interior is light grey along with the seats. hummm...i wonder what color would look good, i want to paint some of the interior but keep the car looking OEM.

btw, i saw a few post here and there about the push start button from the cigarette lighter...I know the total cost wouldn't go over $100cdn. Does anyone have it? Is it easy to install? I mean, just bring the 2 wires from the console to the button and we're rdy to go right?
The transponder signal from your key.... It's the same idea as getting a remote starter for the winter for our cars, you need to leave a key in the car within range to pick up the signal.

Also, you realize it makes it a snap to steal your car? smash the window and press the button...?
Run your car, not your mouth
paolo,Jul 15 2004, 03:13 PM Wrote:wait a min, your car is a 2003 right? I think dark gray was only available in 2000-2001 models. It wasnt an option on my 2002 zx3.
It probably depends on your build date...........

i've got a 2002 ZX3 premium with the dark interior, but i bought it in Dec. 2001
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
SL8RZZX3,Jul 16 2004, 12:06 PM Wrote:
paolo,Jul 15 2004, 03:13 PM Wrote:wait a min, your car is a 2003 right? I think dark gray was only available in 2000-2001 models. It wasnt an option on my 2002 zx3.
It probably depends on your build date...........

i've got a 2002 ZX3 premium with the dark interior, but i bought it in Dec. 2001
I bought mine in oct 2001, built dec 2001, received just after boxing day.
i got the gray interior, but my car is black, so maybe the colour combo wasnt available?
My other ride is your Mom
Hey dude, welcome to the site!

I agree with Naz that anything to do with the headlights and updating your tires are the absolute best bang for your buck. Tires were the first mod I did to my car, and they totally rule, especially in the rain. Actually, since the sidewall of the Potenzas are much stiffer then the stock Goodslides, I can feel the softness or suspension compliance in the car, plus it rides stiffer down the road, but I don't mind that at all...it's awesome to be able to outcorner and outbreak J-body cars on a daily basis...lol! In terms of modding the car, stuff like exhaust and intake components won't void your warranty. Most of them are designed to be a direct fit/replacement for the OEM parts, and often are combined with them (e.g your stock MAF sensor get's used on stuff like an AEM air intake). I think the only way you void the powertrain warranty is if you put on an aftermarket cylinder head, or have machinework done to it or the block, or use aftermarket pistons, cams, crank, etc.

I'd get the HID's if I were you...I want the ST-170 lights, and since Dean already has em, I don't want there to be too many people with the same lights! :P

Like I said, welcome, and these guys (and gals) 4real know their stuff coz they've done it all already and knows what's the real deal, and what's junk or a waste...

L8tr!
Bleeding Ford Blue again...