Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tune
ZX3_2NV,Mar 17 2010, 08:33 AM Wrote:
tetra,Mar 16 2010, 05:58 PM Wrote:You got close to 20HP at the crank maybe, not to the wheels though :P Not even close lol
The only thing that worries me about DaSilva is he didn't know how to tune it until Randy told him how. I believe he does AMAZING work with Stangs though.
[right][snapback]303427[/snapback][/right]

Um no I think your mistaking DaSilva contacted SCT as they provided specific values for the programer that are vehilce specfic. It's a pretty common thing to do for a tuner to do. Especially when they only do a focus maybe every couple of months or so Still best local tuner by far.
[right][snapback]303489[/snapback][/right]

Oh I agree, I would go see DaSilva before going to Steeda any day. You'll have to get John to explain what the problem was, something about degrees? Da Silva was using 10 when they should of been up to 27 or something? I don't recall exactly what John had said. I could be mistaken.
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
They were playing with with 9-15 Degreas of timing. The guy doing it owns a focus and has messed around with them many of time before so they know what they are doing. The reason they called SCT was to find out what FS did with the timing @ 28Degreas was safe for the motor. We can go to 36 degreas before pinging but thats on 100+ octance.

They took FS tune went into it and turned off the Valves and ran it... 113HP (I think it was about 28 Degreas of Timing but the A/F was way off from the suothern air)

DaSilva did a tune that was similar but increase the fuel, increased the timing, unlocked everything fromt he Xcal3 on my Xcal 2, and boosted my power up.

I'm a lot fast then before and so my off the line torque is low, I've been playing with how the trottle responce is and I've figured out how it still chip the tires.

Now I'm done with this, no more you didn't make the power or you wasted your money. I don't care. Next couple of upgrades I make I'm just not telling anymore.

Done.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Have you fooled around with the trans pressure between shifts? Also WOT shifts? I played with it a bit, dialed it in nice. But I don't want to play too much with it just in case lol
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq