Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xcal 2 Tune Choices
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 30 2007, 02:25 PM Wrote:Considering how great the grade logic is in the new ECUs/ATXs, I can't imagine it's much more than a programming issue. However, programming of that nature might not be possible at all with SCT's tuner software. It can't hurt to ask Randy, though.

I hate banging downshifts in the ATX... it's just not meant to do that - smoothly anyways. Holding a gear manually and then upshifting when you want to is another thing entirely.
[right][snapback]242746[/snapback][/right]

i don't know much about automatic transmissions but don't see how its any different from the 'kick down' when you go wide open throttle while in D.

also, a lot of cars with 'paddle shifter' automatics (like the new miata) still use a torque converter (not clutches, like VAG cars with DSG, or manual trans cars)

i'm not sure if the miata etc have 'special' torque converters that are somehow different from the one in a focus, but it should be possible to manually choose gears in an automatic car without too much issue (then again.. if you are doing this, maybe its better to just get a car with manual trans....)