Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Ford Edge Quotes (pics)
ZTWsquared,Feb 26 2009, 12:11 PM Wrote:
Focused,Feb 26 2009, 11:54 AM Wrote:
06gtpony,Feb 25 2009, 04:17 PM Wrote:The "we offer better prices because we're a high-volume dealer" is a big crock of s*** that dealers use to suck people in.  If you're an X-Plan customer, then the best price you will get is X-PLAN (plus any addition dealer cash-backs or incentives offered by Ford).
[right][snapback]281666[/snapback][/right]

+1 - this is true
[right][snapback]281724[/snapback][/right]

Hey guys - don't get too hung up on the semantics ... yes the actual price of the vehicle will not change from one dealer to another, but Ford of Canada has all kinds of programs that incent dealers at different amounts depending on the volume the dealer generates ... sometimes it's a different amount depending on Dealer Size Category (A, B, C, D) where the larger-volume dealers get a bigger incentive ... and then there are progressive pay or stair-step programs where the first few units pay a certain amount and then the amount per unit gets higher as the volume gets higher ... so a larger volume dealer has the potential to pay less per unit on a net basis factoring in the various cash amounts Ford gives back to them.

So in this case you're all wrong except me. I win. ;-/
[right][snapback]281727[/snapback][/right]

See this is hy I like you Ken, no B.S. the straight goods in a way that makes it clear as glass that you know what you're talking about (Gee, considering that's your job :lol:)

Remember folks, ZTW knows where all the bodies are buried at Ford

[i]Because he was the one that buried them... :ph34r: :lol:

NefCanuck
06gtpony,Feb 25 2009, 04:17 PM Wrote:The "we offer better prices because we're a high-volume dealer" is a big crock of s*** that dealers use to suck people in.  If you're an X-Plan customer, then the best price you will get is X-PLAN (plus any addition dealer cash-backs or incentives offered by Ford).

+1 - this is true

Hey guys - don't get too hung up on the semantics ... yes the actual price of the vehicle will not change from one dealer to another, but Ford of Canada has all kinds of programs that incent dealers at different amounts depending on the volume the dealer generates ... sometimes it's a different amount depending on Dealer Size Category (A, B, C, D) where the larger-volume dealers get a bigger incentive ... and then there are progressive pay or stair-step programs where the first few units pay a certain amount and then the amount per unit gets higher as the volume gets higher ... so a larger volume dealer has the potential to pay less per unit on a net basis factoring in the various cash amounts Ford gives back to them.

WELLLL..

This statement is a little misleading ....should be clarified

our dealer versus another higher volume dealer will be issued the exact same FOC incentives to pass on to the customer (delivery allowance, loyalty money, AXZ money, etc..) This is standardised across all of the Ontario Region.

The cases where one dealer gets more money than another is when it's a tiered "dealer cash" program. Dealer cash programs are not usually passed on to the customer (dealers have to make money too). If those savings are passed on to the customer, it is a very rare instance - at least in all of the dealers I know - which is several.
Hence the name "dealer cash" as opposed to "Customer incentive". Not to mention some incentives can not be applied to A/X/Z/D/F plan members - this is not often the case, but does happen from time to time.

So don't get mis-lead into thinking one dealer has greater lateral movement verus another simply on volume.

Focused,Feb 26 2009, 03:44 PM Wrote:

+1 - this is true

WELLLL..

This statement is a little misleading ....should be clarified

our dealer versus another higher volume dealer will be issued the exact same FOC incentives to pass on to the customer (delivery allowance, loyalty money, AXZ money, etc..) This is standardised across all of the Ontario Region.

The cases where one dealer gets more money than another is when it's a tiered "dealer cash" program. Dealer cash programs are not usually passed on to the customer (dealers have to make money too). If those savings are passed on to the customer, it is a very rare instance - at least in all of the dealers I know - which is several.
Hence the name "dealer cash" as opposed to "Customer incentive". Not to mention some incentives can not be applied to A/X/Z/D/F plan members - this is not often the case, but does happen from time to time.

So don't get mis-lead into thinking one dealer has greater lateral movement verus another simply on volume.
[right][snapback]281759[/snapback][/right]

Right ...which is why I said don't get hung up on the semantics ... if the money a dealer gets back from Ford varies from one dealer to the next, whether it be based on volume or CSI or whatever, it changes their cost structure and it can enhance their ability to live with smaller grosses.

And speaking of smaller grosses, a high volume dealer has a greater opportunity to cover their fixed costs with a smaller per unit portion of the gross, thus allowing them to live with a smaller average gross ... and a high-volume service dealer probably has a higher percentage absorption - which again would allow them to live with a smaller average gross per unit on the sales side ... so I would say that all things being equal, a high-volume dealer would in fact have greater ability to price lower than a small-volume dealer.

Is it absolute - absolutely not ... but from their relationship with Ford, and given the economics of scale ... it is more likely than not that a high-volume dealer could price lower than a small-volume dealer and still remain viable.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Bottom line Anthony.

Shop the deal around. You'll find differences in the price from one dealer to another.

Once again, I am right.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2011 Ford Edge Released ZX3_2NV 19 8,651 02-13-2010, 03:37 AM
Last Post: ZX3_2NV
  Four-cylinder Ecoboost Ford Edge ZX3_2NV 11 5,690 02-06-2010, 02:40 AM
Last Post: ZX3_2NV
  Ford Edge Hit By Lightning CanadaSVT 5 2,892 07-30-2009, 10:42 PM
Last Post: CanadaSVT
  Ford To Sell Edge Crossover In Brazil Frost__2001 3 2,031 01-20-2008, 01:58 AM
Last Post: Frost__2001
  Ford Edge Appealing To Older Customers, Frost__2001 21 5,137 04-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Last Post: NOS2Go4Me
  Ford Edge Crossovers Slow To Arrive Frost__2001 30 11,354 03-17-2007, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Drivesthebeast
  Ford Edge / Lincoln Mkx 2007 Iihs Top Safety Pick OAC_Sparky 6 3,070 02-12-2007, 05:52 AM
Last Post: eSVeeTy
  Ford Announces Pricing For 2007 Edge Frost__2001 27 8,986 10-04-2006, 01:10 PM
Last Post: CanadaSVT
  2007 Ford Edge Kool_ZX3 25 9,353 01-10-2006, 04:41 AM
Last Post: meford4u