Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Ideas On A Bumper
I was cruising ebay and I came across this kit. I've seen it before and I liked it right away. There is something about the simple lines/look that I like but I can't help but think that with a lil ( and I use this term loosely ) work to a stock bumper you'd get a similar result.

[Image: 00_focusprodtmfront4.jpg]

[Image: 00_focusprodtmfront.jpg]

[Image: 00_focusprodtmcomplete.jpg]

[Image: 00_focusprodtmfront3.jpg]

[Image: 00_focusprodtmside2.jpg]
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
I think it might be more than a little bit of work, but if your handy with fibreglass and bondo i think it's prolly doable. Definately a nice clean bumper, especially painted in the 2 tone scheme.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

That's the bumper those guys on focaljet designed and built, then had one of those aftermarket bumper companies steal their design and start selling it. Pretty dirty way to do business, but the original design was pretty decent. Only problem is the lack of side reflectors which technically is illegal.
guilty,Apr 19 2006, 05:26 AM Wrote:That's the bumper those guys on focaljet designed and built, then had one of those aftermarket bumper companies steal their design and start selling it.  Pretty dirty way to do business, but the original design was pretty decent.  Only problem is the lack of side reflectors which technically is illegal.
[right][snapback]182004[/snapback][/right]

really? damn that sucks and I bet there was nothing those FJ guys could do about it. Maybe that's why the bumper looked nice cause it's missing the reflector/turn signal. I am sure one can be put in easily though.

The bumper is made from 'duraflex' a mix of fiberglass and plastic. Anyone have experience with this material? it seems really cheap for a full kit.

Quote:Together with Extreme Dimensions Inc, Creative Auto Designs is proud to introduce the long-awaited Duraflex line of body kits. DURAFLEX technology is a revolutionary product which combines fiberglass, plastic, and flex resins to obtain its unique features. DURAFLEX products obtain a much higher durability rate than the average fiberglass product, reducing shipping damages up to 75%.
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
with the amount of work and money spent on FG, Bondo Hair and whatever else your gonna have to use it may end up being the same price.

I say just buy it.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Apr 19 2006, 03:30 PM Wrote:with the amount of work and money spent on FG, Bondo Hair and whatever else your gonna have to use it may end up being the same price.

I say just buy it.
[right][snapback]182070[/snapback][/right]

yeah I wasn't even serious about doing that, I still have my headlights to finish up heh
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check