Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swapped My Horn
I Swapped my stock Fiamm horn with another one from Fiamm a-la-CT. The end result? A horn that doesn't sound much different, just a higher pitch/tone. So, 20 bux and some busted knuckles later, I'm wondering what to do next. I want a horn on my car to sound like a Saab or Volvo, or some other european cars. You know what I mean....the higher pitched horn sound, blended together. Maybe I need to get the air horn kit that can be tuned, and operated by a small compressor?
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Drivesthebeast,Apr 10 2006, 12:07 AM Wrote:I Swapped my stock Fiamm horn with another one from Fiamm a-la-CT.  The end result? A horn that doesn't sound much different, just a higher pitch/tone.  So, 20 bux and some busted knuckles later, I'm wondering what to do next.  I want a horn on my car to sound like a Saab or Volvo, or some other european cars.  You know what I mean....the higher pitched horn sound, blended together.  Maybe I need to get the air horn kit that can be tuned, and operated by a small compressor?
[right][snapback]180139[/snapback][/right]

ive always wanted to make it sound euro, but then my aggresive-as-hell bodykit wouldnt alow it.
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
Nice!

I always wanted to get a new horn like the dukes of hazard or something along those lines

Does anybody know where to get those?
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
Tiketz,Apr 9 2006, 06:53 PM Wrote:Nice!

I always wanted to get a new horn like the dukes of hazard or something along those lines

Does anybody know where to get those?
[right][snapback]180170[/snapback][/right]

Beat me to it!

Back in the 80's they made ones with 12-20 different musical horns on a control panel. Dixie was one of them. You can find those on eBay, or they have an air horn version on there that usually sells for about $70US, compressor and all.
White 2001 ZX3
17" FRPP White Rally Wheels, KW Cup Kit (1.6"Wink, Progress 22mm Rear Sway, Short Ram Intake w/K&N Cone, Steeda 65mm TB, Ported 2k Manifold, FRPP 9mm Wires, MAC UDP, Clear Markers, OBX 4-1 Shorty Header, OBX ORP, FS Flex, 2nd Gen. MBRP Exhaust, FS/SCT Multi Chip

My Focus
My Photography
just get a piaa horn haha

Piaa Horn
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
my friend's girlfriend lives in Mexico and when he goes down there he can get pretty much any horn you want. Air horns or electrical I think he has 3 different ones in his car and they're all nice, kinda corny but funny. I gotta replace my horn I think water or snow got into it cause it sounds like it's under water when I honk.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
I think Rich A.K.A. GapBoyPCS swapped his out for a lincoln continental horn. Gezzus it;s loud. :blink:
Crappy Tire actually sells one musical horn that you can play all kinds of crap from, right from a control panel while driving :lol:

And that PIAA horn i'm pretty sure is the same one I was looking at Performance Improvements a few months back when I too was ready to change the horn.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
check http://www.jcwhitney.com

they have a bunch of musical horns...
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: my horn is dead too! I took it out, looked at it, it was full of water. The horn location is stupid, I'm relocating a new one this week-end. I hope that one last.
Civic's sucks!

SEX is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you don't multiply!
ive seen peoples horns play music like "The Godfather" and such... infact, my grandfather wired a horn on his old 'Cutlas many eons ago to play "the cuccaracha" that was a head turner
My other ride is your Mom
haha, my uncle had the Cavalry Charge on his 77' impala wagon!

My buddy just put a dixie horn in his van too....
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Okay, now if you could get a horn that played anything, what would you have it play?

I'd go for the Road Runners "Meep, meep" since the Focus is closer in spirit to it than the old Mopar product ever was if you ask me :D

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Apr 13 2006, 08:42 PM Wrote:Okay, now if you could get a horn that played anything, what would you have it play?

I'd go for the Road Runners "Meep, meep" since the Focus is closer in spirit to it than the old Mopar product ever was if you ask me :D

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]181099[/snapback][/right]

isn't that just a honda horn?... meep meep.

and if I could I'd get a horn with ludacris saying " Move bitch, get out the way. " but then I would need spinners?
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
I bought 2 of those confederation horns off of ebay. One for the Focus, One for the Transam. I hooked up the one in the transam and its dead on dukes of hazzard.

I kinda pissed off the girl at the timmies drive in though.

Girl: Squelch "can I take your order please"
me: yeah I will ha.. *Dukes of hazzard sound off at 118db*.. sorry about that
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
ThraxXx,Apr 19 2006, 10:00 PM Wrote:I bought 2 of those confederation horns off of ebay.  One for the Focus, One for the Transam.  I hooked up the one in the transam and its dead on dukes of hazzard. 

[right][snapback]182240[/snapback][/right]

:lol: I'd pay to see that.

Ok maybe not... but it still sounds like a funny situation. :lol:
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
ThraxXx,Apr 19 2006, 11:00 PM Wrote:I bought 2 of those confederation horns off of ebay.  One for the Focus, One for the Transam.  I hooked up the one in the transam and its dead on dukes of hazzard. 

Next up, taking jumps and exploding outhouses!!!
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
ThraxXx,Apr 19 2006, 10:00 PM Wrote:I bought 2 of those confederation horns off of ebay.  One for the Focus, One for the Transam.  I hooked up the one in the transam and its dead on dukes of hazzard. 

:blink: Uh, where is the hornpad on a Trans-Am steering wheel again? I'm trying to figure out how you managed to accidentally set it off unless you were leaning forward and to the left while trying to talk into the speaker :lol:

118db? E-yowtch that'd be loud just walking by when that thing went off NVM getting it broadcast over a microphone and into your ears :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Those horn off ferrari's, those horns sound really good. But they probably go for $300.
Civic's sucks!

SEX is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you don't multiply!
Maybe I'll just grab a horn off of a Saab 9000 while I am down this weekend and next week...loved the way those sound!
Bleeding Ford Blue again...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Svt Brake, Swapped drunkinmonkey 22 6,261 04-24-2009, 04:11 AM
Last Post: konafocuswrc