Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skirts And Rear Apron
I have two questions, i took my skirts and aprons off in the winter and i want to put them back on. First question, what is the best way to get the old silicon off of the car. Second question, what type of silicone/chalking should i use when putting them back on?
I'd try some goo gone to get the stuff off. I use gasoline and water but most will say not to do that. I havent had any problems but its not like I douse the thing in gasoline.

I used two way tape to put mine on. The same two way tape that window installers use....I got some from Apply auto glass.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
goo gone.

I removed my pinstriping with that stuff.

works wonders!

[Image: 200.jpg]
Flofocus,Apr 27 2006, 04:09 PM Wrote:I'd try some goo gone to get the stuff off.  I use gasoline and water but most will say not to do that.  I havent had any problems but its not like I douse the thing in gasoline.

I used two way tape to put mine on.  The same two way tape that window installers use....I got some from Apply auto glass.
[right][snapback]183653[/snapback][/right]

won't gas or goo gone ruin the paint?
hasnt ruined mine.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
brucktown,Apr 27 2006, 11:06 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Apr 27 2006, 04:09 PM Wrote:I'd try some goo gone to get the stuff off.   I use gasoline and water but most will say not to do that.  I havent had any problems but its not like I douse the thing in gasoline.

I used two way tape to put mine on.  The same two way tape that window installers use....I got some from Apply auto glass.

[right][snapback]183673[/snapback][/right]
Most products would ruin your paint if you let them sit there without washing them off. That's the key to wash it off. I used Goo Gone to remove the adhesive crap from the dealer sticker they put on my car. Just wash the area afterwards with warm soapy water.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
I am not kidding when I say try a potato. Raw. It gets the resign off of your paint from silicone.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
brucktown,Apr 27 2006, 01:06 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Apr 27 2006, 04:09 PM Wrote:I'd try some goo gone to get the stuff off.  I use gasoline and water but most will say not to do that.  I havent had any problems but its not like I douse the thing in gasoline.

[right][snapback]183673[/snapback][/right]

Goo gone is fine. I used it when i debadged the hatch. Worked great too.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

rubbing alcohol.....\\simple!
GooGone works great, i've debadged quite a few cars with it...
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded