Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World's Best Detailer. 5000bucks A Car.
holy crap.
WOW....... and here I only charge $50.... :blink:
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,May 2 2006, 03:52 PM Wrote:WOW....... and here I only charge $50.... :blink:
[right][snapback]184730[/snapback][/right]

I've seen your engine bay...you're charging too much.
pwn3d!...

Detailing prices vary too much,

I have talked to people coming to my uncle, saying they paid anywhere between $50-1000 for detailing..

You get what you pay for i guess..
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,May 2 2006, 03:59 PM Wrote:pwn3d!...

Detailing prices vary too much,

I have talked to people coming to my uncle, saying they paid anywhere between $50-1000 for detailing..

You get what you pay for i guess..
[right][snapback]184736[/snapback][/right]

Granted I don;t do the job that guy does.... But I wouldn;t hesitate to ask for 100 bucks...With the care and cleanliness I practice, I think it;s a small price to pay.
Yup, another thing i've noticed though..

In professional detailing $100 gets you a crappy job...

Never Ever EVER take your car to a dealership to have it detailed...

back when i worked at chrysler... to shampoo a carpet. we would spray it with cleaner and POWER WASH it out...
05 Altima SE-R
I'm the LAST guy that would ever roll my car in for a detail.

I'd much rather do it myself.

I enjoy it.
ANTHONYD,May 2 2006, 04:13 PM Wrote:I'm the LAST guy that would ever roll my car in for a detail.

I'd much rather do it myself.

I enjoy it.
[right][snapback]184744[/snapback][/right]

Same here!
I guess if you can afford to have an enzo you can afford to pay $5000 for a detail job.

Personally I'd rather do it myself than take it somewhere to get it done.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Thats insane!!

but really for $5000....if it really does last 6 months..then $5000.00 makes sense..

208.00/week

Thats a very realistic price...its the longevity that is worth the huge cost in 1 shot!

and that guy breathes cars...you can totally tell that he is a car maniac!

cool stuff!

Anythony I never do under the engine bay unless it's requested, and that is another charge in-itself, besides for what I charge for is for outter apperences, and minimal interior detailing only.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
I will put $5000.00 on that I or Todd from The Auto Spa could kick his ass in cleaning a car. To bad that 100% carnuba wax is harder then concrete and the max % of carnuba in any wax is less then 5% any more and you would not be able to apply it. And the microscope that he used is like $25 from radio shack plus the didgital paint gaudge is about $150 from any wx supplier.

Someone tell him not to wash a car in direct sun light and not to use a power washer. the temp of the water means nothing (just dont use hot water) Its all about the softness of the water and the filtration.

but what ever
SVT dean,May 2 2006, 08:11 PM Wrote:I will put $5000.00 on that I or Todd from The Auto Spa could kick his ass in cleaning a car. To bad that 100% carnuba wax is harder then concrete and the max % of carnuba in any wax is less then 5% any more and you would not be able to apply it. And the microscope that he used is like $25 from radio shack plus the didgital paint gaudge is about $150 from any wx supplier.

Someone tell him not to wash a car in direct sun light and not to use a power washer. the temp of the water means nothing (just dont use hot water) Its all about the softness of the water and the filtration.

but what ever
[right][snapback]184842[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

Thats ridiculous!
ANTHONYD,May 2 2006, 08:44 PM Wrote:
SVT dean,May 2 2006, 08:11 PM Wrote:I will put $5000.00 on that I or Todd from The Auto Spa could kick his ass in cleaning a car. To bad that 100% carnuba wax is harder then concrete and the max % of carnuba in any wax is less then 5% any more and you would not be able to apply it. And the microscope that he used is like $25 from radio shack plus the didgital paint gaudge is about $150 from any wx supplier.

but what ever
[right][snapback]184842[/snapback][/right]

[right][snapback]184849[/snapback][/right]

Damn... he applies the wax by hand to properly turn the paste into a wax... and, if the customer ever gets bird droppings on their cars they can call him to come over and clean it off properly.

Yeah... i'm nearly as crazy, minus the electronics to read out paint thickness, or hand applied wax... but the meticulous effort is definitely me.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
it's true you get what you pay for, if i had the cash i'd pay for it.
'03 Focus SVT
I wonder if he does paint chips?
2002 Infra-red ZTS
With a $5000 detail, i bet he just sends the car to get repainted.
05 Altima SE-R
scoobasteve,May 9 2006, 03:01 PM Wrote:With a $5000 detail, i bet he just sends the car to get repainted.
[right][snapback]186240[/snapback][/right]

Too bad those paint jobs are in the range of $25,000 pounds

those owners would be getting an awesome deal!
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending