Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Rims For Truck. What Size?
I'm looking for wheels for my truck and I'm worried about the tire size that everyone suggests. Everyone I talk to is saying 30's on a 24" wheel 305/30/26 Now I remember what my focus was like on 35's and I'm a tad bit worried about the ride quality?

Anyone ever used a tire like this or know anyone who has?

Thanks
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
what truck?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,May 16 2006, 02:55 PM Wrote:what truck?
[right][snapback]187951[/snapback][/right]

I got an O6 Envoy Denali, well I've got it for a month to be 100% sure I like it. If I don't back it goes if I do then I'll keep it. I like it so far though.
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
I'd definatley go with 24's then. A big truck like that especially a Denali needs big rims.

The lowest i'd go with would be 22's. Alot of 300 guys go with 22's so you shouldnt have a problem finding low profile 22 or 24" tires.
05 Altima SE-R
scoobasteve,May 16 2006, 03:08 PM Wrote:I'd definatley  go with 24's then. A big truck like that especially a Denali needs big rims.

The lowest i'd go with would be 22's. Alot of 300 guys go with 22's  so you shouldnt have a problem finding low profile 22 or 24" tires.
[right][snapback]187958[/snapback][/right]

Oh I'm going to go with the 24's just not sure about the tire size I think 30's are too small I was thinking 40's but nobody thinks they will fit.
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
Euro Ford Fan,May 16 2006, 02:15 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,May 16 2006, 03:08 PM Wrote:I'd definatley  go with 24's then. A big truck like that especially a Denali needs big rims.

The lowest i'd go with would be 22's. Alot of 300 guys go with 22's  so you shouldnt have a problem finding low profile 22 or 24" tires.
[right][snapback]187958[/snapback][/right]

Oh I'm going to go with the 24's just not sure about the tire size I think 30's are too small I was thinking 40's but nobody thinks they will fit.
[right][snapback]187959[/snapback][/right]
Pull out the redneck get a 6" lifter kit, go with 30's and large profile tires :D
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
I can't believe the string of nasty words that sprung to mind just now.

In short: what a waste. Send it back.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Whatever....

Simon, the tire rack website says that 305/35/24 tires will fit. I cant imagine you'll have too many problems trying to squeeze a 305/40/24 into that wheel well.
05 Altima SE-R
ENVOY DENALI...PIMP JUICE!!

I vote for low profile tires, becuase they look sooooo sweet with big rims.

But regardless, throw some 24's on that, lean back, chuck a duece, and show ya grill!!
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
Simon

I assume you are not doing any suspension stuff..(lowering) ..if not than I cant see a 40 not working.

The GMC dealer down the road from my work has a yukon on 22's.///I'll check the tyre size tomorrow when I am there and maybe snap a pic or 2 if you want so you can see too! i know you want 24 but you'll see what you got to work with on 22's.
It all depends on what you want from your ride?
This is my uncles ride in Cali and i belive they were 22's on an older version Denali.

He wasnt very impressed with ride nor was i to be honest with you. I felt the ride was very harsh and I can't imagine it being any better here in our roads.

[Image: CaliPics121.jpg]
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

mo_focus,May 16 2006, 04:51 PM Wrote:It all depends on what you want from your ride?
This is my uncles ride in Cali and i belive they were 22's on an older version Denali.

He wasnt very impressed with ride nor was i to be honest with you. I felt the ride was very harsh and I can't imagine it being any better here in our roads.

[Image: CaliPics121.jpg]
[right][snapback]187987[/snapback][/right]

I'm not going to touch the suspension I know I can go 22's with 40's but I want the larger wheel it just looks better IMO.

I'm going back to NYC next week to take a ride in an escalade on 24's so I'll see what the ride is like in that. If it's really bad then I may have to go with 22's on 40's or 45's.

Pics later tonight got to wash it first.
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
It will have the ride effect of a Focus on 35's/

Not the best feeling in the world.

And the cost of replacing those tires is just insane.

I wouldn't suggest it and I think it just gets rediculous. But it's your ride.

And your $$$

And I am sure you have lots
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
get air ride and you won't feel a thing
Below Average Car Club
meford4u,May 16 2006, 09:34 PM Wrote:It will have the ride effect of a Focus on 35's/

Not the best feeling in the world.

And the cost of replacing those tires is just insane.

I wouldn't suggest it and I think it just gets rediculous.  But it's your ride.

And your $$$

And I am sure you have lots
[right][snapback]188036[/snapback][/right]

I can't compare the my old Focus on 35's since I had purposely built a very stiff suspension for the car. The cost on the other hand isn't that bad at all just over 6 grand for wheels and tires, considering that I paid almost 10G for the 18's I put on my focus it's a hell of a deal.

I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
i thought i read somewhere that oversized wheel/tire combos were really harsh on transmissions in these suvs?
naz,May 17 2006, 08:14 AM Wrote:i thought i read somewhere that oversized wheel/tire combos were really harsh on transmissions in these suvs?
[right][snapback]188067[/snapback][/right]

That's true but I'm not planning on keeping this thing for more than a year or two so by the time things start to go wrong I'll be ready to get rid of it.

Pics later today after I wash it, it looked all crappy covered in dirt last night. :)
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
Euro Ford Fan,May 17 2006, 10:02 AM Wrote:it looked all crappy covered in dirt last night. :)
[right][snapback]188076[/snapback][/right]

IMO, should be covered in dirt & mud more than anything else. :P
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,May 17 2006, 09:19 AM Wrote:IMO, should be covered in dirt & mud more than anything else.  :P
[right][snapback]188077[/snapback][/right]

The only dirt and mud that this things will see is what's on the road from construction. Onyx black looks soooo good clean! LOL
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
so you are actually going to use it to haul stuff for construction? NICE!!

btw. i can't wait for the day i think 6g's worth of wheel/tire is considered a 'smoking deal'!!